Windows and locks only work with BOTH doors open?!!

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
i have a 89 turbo and my widows won't roll up or down nor will my locks work w/o BOTH doors open. i have checked the wiring going into and inside both doors and everything looks good. I can figure this out myself but i thought i would see if anyone has run into this before and could save me the time.

on a side note when i hit the horn the headlights come on and pop up but the horn does not sound it has been doing this for months and i haven't had time to check it out but the 2 problems could be related.

thanks for your help
-Zac

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The factory EWD is your friend. The horn sounds and the lights come on when the alarm is tripped. Your problems might be related.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
89turbotoy;1033700 said:
i have a 89 turbo and my widows won't roll up or down nor will my locks work w/o BOTH doors open. i have checked the wiring going into and inside both doors and everything looks good. I can figure this out myself but i thought i would see if anyone has run into this before and could save me the time.

on a side note when i hit the horn the headlights come on and pop up but the horn does not sound it has been doing this for months and i haven't had time to check it out but the 2 problems could be related.

thanks for your help
-Zac

LOL

EDIT: Deja Vu, someone else has had this problem fairly recently.

89turbotoy

Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
Cycoclown;1033746 said:
that would be one hell of a thing to see at a stop light. did u do any recent wiring?

no the only things i have wired in are my tt but i used the harness and my guages but i used the wiring for the ashtray light and cig lighter to illuminate them. i was also thinking this could be ewd related i will bypass that wed and see if my problems go away.

89turbotoy

Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
jetjock;1033956 said:
My hunch is bypassing the EWD will not solve your problem...

really please enlighten me on what you think it could be? i am just guessing now and have not really looked into it yet other than to check for obivious wiring failure i will not get a chance to look into it untill sunday at the soonest. if no one knows or has had this happen that is okay. i am fully capable of diagnosing this problem myself i was just hoping to get lucky and someone else knows about it already. like when i get a car in the shop the first thing i do is check TSB s and recalls, that is kinda what i'm doing here.

thanks for your help if no one can help i will post the answer after i diag it.

-Zac

89turbotoy

Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
found a break in the ground wire of the master window switch, repaired problem solve for windows and locks. will look into horn sunday and let you guys know