window trim help

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
has anybody ever replaced the window trim on a mkiii.

my supra has jacked up trim all around. from the rear hatch to the windshield and everywhere in between. i figure the best place to get it is the dealership unless i want used and still 20 year old trim.

anyways. are there any tricks to getting the trim off without damaging it. (if i were to get it from a 91 in the junkyard that had perfect window trim)

thanks

craig

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Good luck mine were a bitch to take off, the windshield was the only trim I could save. But I went and bought all new, they are getting hard to come by, a few pieces are already discontinued.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Which ones are all ready discontinued? I think I looked at getting them from toyota and it was in the $500 range IIRC. By the sounds of it, it will take a ton of patience to get them off in one piece in order to refurbish them.

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
haha...mine were difficult but came off with some patience....getting them back on was harder for me....take it by a glass shop though if you really want to know how to get them off....and make sure you go ahead and replace the clips too....

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
jrot;1661813 said:
take it by a glass shop though if you really want to know how to get them off

This. I think after hearing grims experience I would rather just let some tool at a glass shop pry them off for me in 5 minutes and pay the $50. Be sure to tell them the 'you break it you buy it' disclaimer first.

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
dang this sucks. so looks like i should go to the junkyard and practice on some junk car for a while.
then start looking for a good donor car. or get brand new. $500 is steep though.