Wilwood caliper creaking sound?

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
I know wilwoods don't have dust seals, they would probably say that was the cause of the problem just because they didn't know what was going on haha. Either that or bitch on about legality issues or something.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I've had places try to sell me new air filters, even a new clutch (something's wrong, it's too grabby! :rofl:) I have a reason to be cynical ;)

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Holy Zombie thread! FYI, people- check when the last post on a subject was before necro'ing a thread. Spiller hasn't been on since February this year...

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
toyotanos;2025050 said:
Holy Zombie thread! FYI, people- check when the last post on a subject was before necro'ing a thread. Spiller hasn't been on since February this year...
Seen that just seeing if anyone out there that has a fix for this good knowledge to be had here sense there was already a post for it

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
I have had the 4-pot azp kit on my car for about as long as the thread originator. The creaking sound from these calipers is apparently quite normal. They are very lightweight, all aluminum calipers and they flex when brake pressure is applied, creating the noise. Functionally this poses no problem. They are racing brakes - caliper creaking and some squealing at low DD braking speeds/style is par for the course.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
nctexan;2025139 said:
I have had the 4-pot azp kit on my car for about as long as the thread originator. The creaking sound from these calipers is apparently quite normal. They are very lightweight, all aluminum calipers and they flex when brake pressure is applied, creating the noise. Functionally this poses no problem. They are racing brakes - caliper creaking and some squealing at low DD braking speeds/style is par for the course.
Thanks for the info now someone can do a quick serve and figure out the problem or the cause