Will the real STIG please stand up...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Don't care...kinda pisses me off that people want to know...that's what makes the stig the stig...

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
i figured it would happen eventually, but the mystery is what gave his popularity in the first place. On to the next stig i guess, wonder how they'll kill this stig off

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
tekdeus;1612659 said:
I preferred not knowing.

Same here. I personally will not be purchasing anything that will contribute monetarily to this man.

It was fun to speculate but I really didn't want to know. Here it really is the myth not the man that makes the Stig.

More than that, his shenanigans have shifted the standard season schedule for Top Gear so now I have to wait longer.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I actually made an effort NOT to read the articles about it, but found out second hand by accident. Sucks.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Schumacher wouldn't let anybody else take his Ferrari FXX around the Top Gear test track(be it for his own reasons or because of an agreement with Ferrari). As such, he donned the suit as the Stig and set a lap time. The necessity of Schumacher being forced to dawn the white suit allowed the BBC a rare opportunity to promote an excellent episode and get one hell of a ratings hike. When I first saw Schumacher pop his helmet off I was as disappointed as I am now about knowing the identity. Luckily in toward the end of that episode and at the beginning of the next they made it pretty clear it was a ruse.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Though it seems that the stigwas lapping a track when the supposed stig was at home with his kids... Pretty much confirms there is more than one stig...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Everybody's mistaken about all this... the REAL Stig has gotta be Steve Mcqueen.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Nope...the real stig is captain slow...I've already said this...BTW I haven't read the article and I won't but that stig is an impostor.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
i still stand with the rest of you guys in that the stig is really multiple people. now way only one guy could fill the stig's suit...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I dont really care. It's about the dramatic. It might be the same guy since day 1 for all I care. To me, he's simply a stuntman filling out a scripted role.

Sure, he drives like hell, but his character is what makes him, not the person behind the mask.