WI Supra owners.

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
whew, I am just finishing up my weekend project. New 2jz water pump (hydro-fan pump delete), timing belt, harmonic balancer, and several other small things on my 1JZ.

The water pump that i took out is still in good working condition. Anyone with a 1JZ want it for a spare or a rebuild?

elisamuel467

Jun 21, 2011
MILWAUKEE
hey wisconson people.i am selling 2 1987 toyota supras.
2 7mge engines,1 7mgte,ecu's,harnesses,original saw bladed rims,you can make 2 supras out of this.i have everything.email me at elisamuel467@gmail.com for more info.
im located in milwaukee.1 minute away from miller park

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Didn't have a chance to dyno it... :(

According to the ol' ass dyno I would say at least for sure 400rwhp (at 12psi)
Will bump it up to 20-25 as I get used to the car/power

If things work out I may take it to SP this weekend to dyno it there.

BTW The Michigan meet was fun, needed you guys to come out. hopefully next year!

Sam

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Supraflymk3;1738401 said:
Mine is down until next spring when I have my new engine built!

Sorry to hear, what are your plans for the build?

We need to have a WI supra meet this year yet... Probably in the milwaukee area, any feedback guys?

1JZ power. that is all.

Sam

usdm_anon

Mar 20, 2010
Madison, WI
87M-GTE;1738534 said:
Sorry to hear, what are your plans for the build?

We need to have a WI supra meet this year yet... Probably in the milwaukee area, any feedback guys?

1JZ power. that is all.

Sam

we need one, soon.

here is a crappy pic of the cars current state, going drifting again tommorow
p1739410_1.jpg

usdm_anon

Mar 20, 2010
Madison, WI
milwaukee works for me, ehhh im not much of a drag racer but im down to watch.

so i just got back from drifting, i noticed that my battery and brake lights started turned on, then off. later when i was about to leave it comes on again and the lights go up without me touching anything, and now the lights are still on and wont turn off. anybody know wtf this is? could it have to do with any wiring in the wheel wells, im really low now and it might've tore up some wiring there.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
What is the battery voltage with the light on?

The brake light, and the taillight failure light are always on with the battery light. So chase down the charging issue first.

Sam it sounds like you are the one to plan this out, since its going to be in your neck of the woods. I am pretty busy in aug, but the 27 will work for me, or anytime in sept. We all need to nail down a date and a venue, and make this happen. By the way, lets see under your hood.

Last edited:

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
usdm_anon;1739689 said:
i noticed that my battery and brake lights started turned on, then off. later when i was about to leave it comes on again and the lights go up without me touching anything, and now the lights are still on and wont turn off. anybody know wtf this is? could it have to do with any wiring in the wheel wells, im really low now and it might've tore up some wiring there.

mkiiichip;1739722 said:
The brake light, and the taillight failure light are always on with the battery light. So chase down the charging issue first.

Sam it sounds like you are the one to plan this out, since its going to be in your neck of the woods. I am pretty busy in aug, but the 27 will work for me, or anytime in sept. We all need to nail down a date and a venue, and make this happen. By the way, lets see under your hood.

Is it the red brake light as in low fluid or ebrake up or taillight failure box?
Could be a short somewhere, kinda doubt it would have to do with being low to the ground.

When does the batt light come on? bad alternator?

I'll post a pic or two soon

Sam

usdm_anon

Mar 20, 2010
Madison, WI
The taillight failure box is always on for me, but the brake light as in when you lift the ebrake and the battery lights are on, and when i said the lights went up i meant my headlights and my dashboard lights

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
usdm_anon;1740271 said:
The taillight failure box is always on for me, but the brake light as in when you lift the ebrake and the battery lights are on

By-pass the failure box. Low on brake fluid perhaps? Bad alt?