WI Supra owners.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
87M-GTE;1700717 said:
I thought he was on 7M-GT electronics - aka - using a CPS

IDK where you got that idea, but if you had read my previous post you would have known different.

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
I just got the interior in my car back together today! It was still in pieces from last year's paint job. Just a couple more issues to handle and I will be all set!

Are there any local get-togethers planned? I should be up and running my the end of the month.

Late

Feb 22, 2011
Appleton, WI
getting my exhaust kit today, after an incredibly long 8 day wait, engine will be in tonight and hopefully starts right up first time!

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
mkiiichip;1700725 said:
IDK where you got that idea, but if you had read my previous post you would have known different.

Musta missed your post. Really? that is a pretty common way of doing a 2JZ-GE swap - running it on 7M-GT electronics..

Moving my car home today from my storage unit:) Motor/trans is ready to go in!!!!

usdm_anon

Mar 20, 2010
Madison, WI
Yea i didnt have a 7mgte so i just went the other route...

Freshmaker;1700760 said:
Are there any local get-togethers planned? I should be up and running my the end of the month.

+1 we need to get together for a meet.

Oh yeah, i woke up and saw the snow.....FFFFFUUUUU!

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
usdm_anon;1701335 said:
+1 we need to get together for a meet.

Oh yeah, i woke up and saw the snow.....FFFFFUUUUU!

+1000000000000 wtf..

edit: we have almost twins, Im parking next to you at the meet:)

Car is back home! Motor is going in today!

Late

Feb 22, 2011
Appleton, WI
got mine running with help from dave, just now the issue is my turbo keeps blowing the turbo->ic hose right off once i get past 2500rpm PRETTY DAMN ANNOYING, gotta wait for a 2.5-2 inch coupler to come because i cant find anything smaller than a 2.5 inch at any auto parts store around here and the 2.5-2.5 i have doesnt help at all :(

hopefully that will solve my problem

Late

Feb 22, 2011
Appleton, WI
got everything running good, switched the location of the coupler to the ic side and it holds as much as i can throw at it!

on another note does anybody know who has a light blue mk3 in appleton area? it drove by my house on holland near little chute and ive never seen it before

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Freshmaker;1704109 said:
1JZ guy here :)

Feel like making a short trip to the MKE area?

Could use a hand with a few misc things on the car!

...that pic I promised...
mail

supramk3sum

Apr 13, 2010
milwaukee,wi
Hey guys. I haven't posted in awhile but I need some input. My hg blew and I can't decide how thick of a gasket to get. My car is a stock 89 turbo with 170k. The po did the head gasket at 120k. The paperwork shows the head was sent in to get machined and got a valve job. Depending on how warped the head is, I might get it resurfaced too. I did not overheat the car and stopped driving it after it was losing coolant and saw smoke coming out the exhaust. I plan on keeping it mostly stock so my ? is, how thick of a hg should I get? I'd like to get the supra back on the road soon so please lmk. Getting sick of driving the v6 mr2 everyday. haha Also, Anybody know the torque specs for arp head studs for 7mgte?

Thanks

Late

Feb 22, 2011
Appleton, WI
suprapotamus;1706945 said:
It could have been me, I had the old girl out for a drive for the first time in a while.

nice, didnt know anybody else from appleton was on here. maybe ill see you around again