why do people buy cheep intercoolers ?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well lately i ahve sean alot fo peoepl runing cheep ic think a big ic will be good aka ebay or megan ect

these core are just heeps of shit you can look right though them akak poor ass heat transfer

so why do poeple runs these shit cooler when simple tube fine whould cool alot more

aka don't buy shit core poepel they suck and will just hold your car back

HyRisk

Drifting since ∞
Sep 26, 2005
Yay Area
actually theyre still effective and do the job quite nicely. you should search ebay ic's...not too shabby.

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
I see you are still putting these down but you have no proof once again.
1- alot of peole buy these to do a FFIM coversion
2-have you ever seen a core on a apexi intercooler you can look right through them but people still hand out a few thousand for them.
3-And by the way tube and fin cores are less efficient than a bar and plate core

I am not defending these intercoolers Im just the kind of person that perfers facts over opinion.

Last edited:

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
well ive bought and installed a 600x300x100mm cooler from www.justjap.com
It cost me AUD$319delivered to my front door. It has 3inch in/outlets, and is a hybrid copy.Ive had no problems with heat transfer.unless if you call touching the intake side of the cooler being super hot and the outlet side being very cold,not cool but cold "poor ass heat transfer " Dont knock it just because it hasnt got the extra zero's on the pricetag.Yes you can see straight through it.
This topic has been covered numerous times on various forums,tube and fin Vs bar and plate,whats better for what and why.Im sure you would be hard pressed to notice the difference between cores if there was a swap.

Timmer

Apr 12, 2005
Canada
lintlars said:
2-have you ever seen a core on a apexi intercooler you can look right through them but people still hand out a few thousand for them.
3-And by the way tube and fin cores are less efficient than a bar and plate core

I am not defending these intercoolers Im just the kind of person that perfers facts over opinion.

Tube and fin generally don't flow as well, but cool the charge more efficently when compared to a bar and plate of the same dimensions.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
Okay, how about this.

Me for example: ( I have a custom cut spearco core, with a 1200 cfm rating)

Can I look straight through it? (Why yes... yes I can.)
Oh well, I surely have no idea what kind of efficiency it has, do I?
(Why yes... yes I do)
On the dyno, air temp in the IC pipes before the TB never exceeded 95 degrees Fahrenheit.

:) yes, I can still see my hand waving on the other side of the core. :D

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Why do people insist on making threads when they don't know what they are talking about?

I used to own a spearco core unti. I have seen many real HKS, Greddy, etc cores. The cheapo I bought off of ebay is the same bar and plate stlye with the same fin density. For all intents, it's the same damn thing.

Hell, if you had been paying attention about a year and a half ago on SF the MK4 guys found the EXACT intercooler that some supra shop had been selling for like 2000 bucks, on ebay for like 200 bucks. Exact dimensions, end tanks, and fin count.

But if you want to think you are getting something better, when infact they are the same units, go for it. I'll spend that extra money I saved on booze, hookers, and guns.

indio84

nightrider
Nov 17, 2005
holland
wel this guy needs to learn how to type or maybe he doesn't know his grammer to wel

ahve??
fo peoepl??
runing cheep

i mean come on stop trying to be a smartass these ic are just fine

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
indio84 said:
wel this guy needs to learn how to type or maybe he doesn't know his grammer to wel

ahve??
fo peoepl??
runing cheep

i mean come on stop trying to be a smartass these ic are just fine

You make fun of people in wheelchairs too?
Nash has dyslexia. You're the only smartass in this thread.

BTW: See items in bold, those are also hyperlinks for future reference.

Pot, kettle, black.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
lintlars said:

ummm

actually you have that backwards

Tube and fin design is more fficent than bar and plate. Simple aerodynmics and fluid flow principles. :)

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
miggles said:
i was going to comment on the spelling of ppls in this forum but i decided against it.Just incase i spell some word incorrectly.

Me too, but I digress. I never have understood why people intentionally misspell words, you just make yourself look like you're uneducated & people tend not to take you seriously. Different strokes, I guess.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well i though i said it good eghough

ps your car will shoot lower number on a dyno then it will on road cause the ic is ketp cooler in less you run a sparyer

and reson why i brought this up is there has bean some tests done and the lower fin count ic's do very poorly comepare to tube fin but then they took garret core and it blew the other away

oh yae the ebay style had great flow but pooor heat transfer

well i can't look down my core in away way and it garret i got it on sale hehe

this is plain facts and can not be played wiht less mealt to cool the less it will cool

i this is nto about money and crap caus ei rather run nice tube fine then crappy cored ic

like my good old npr nice nice cold charge

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
NashMan said:
and reson why i brought this up is there has bean some tests done and the lower fin count ic's do very poorly comepare to tube fin but then they took garret core and it blew the other away

Where are these test you are refering to? I'd like to read them since I'm about to buy a FMIC.

indio84

nightrider
Nov 17, 2005
holland
supra90turbo said:
You make fun of people in wheelchairs too?
Nash has dyslexia. You're the only smartass in this thread.

BTW: See items in bold, those are also hyperlinks for future reference.

Pot, kettle, black.

no i don't make fun of people but i thought he was doing it intentionally and i didn't know he has dyslexia anyway where is the proof if you say something like that u got to have proof

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
indio84 said:
no i don't make fun of people but i thought he was doing it intentionally and i didn't know he has dyslexia anyway where is the proof if you say something like that u got to have proof

because many of us know that he's dyslexic.;) it was a mistake, i know, regardless, end of topic. just stop.

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
before i have to delete MORE posts in this thread, READ it before you post about spelling. smartass comments will be deleted, just like the last one i deleted.

-shaeff