Who wants a FFIM from SupraSport? Gauging Interest

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
As we all know, SupraSport has been a premier aftermarket shop for our generation supra and has helped me a lot in my series of upgrades.

I have been watching their FFIM Cast Production from the get go many years ago, but the final product never made it to production.

I for one would love to get my hands on this FFIM as they can accommodate your needs such as IAC, CSI and especially EGR that I require.

All that being said, I would like to begin a list to show interest in this FFIM with hopes SupraSport can conduct a group buy.

Please reply here if interested.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
I would never consider an eBay FFIM. No options for sensors...etc. Regarding fitment, there are issues. The manifold by cylinder #6 comes in contact with the brake booster. Also poor welds, inferior metals being used and so on..

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
suprapilot;2066055 said:
Are the eBay units no good?

unless you have a fab shop & skills then it would be a good base to customise your own without needing to cast it from scratch. but it def. needs modifications and do you trust the cheap alloys? I've gotten lucky with a one off x-pipe/downpipe but even that needed a go over before it was perfect.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
The purpose of this thread is not to debate other manifolds or the probability of the manifold hitting the markets.

Please chime in if you want this FFIM and to get an unofficial list going for a perspective group buy.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
blk92suprat;2066088 said:
I would never consider an eBay FFIM. No options for sensors...etc. Regarding fitment, there are issues. The manifold by cylinder #6 comes in contact with the brake booster. Also poor welds, inferior metals being used and so on..

Only the very first batch had the fitment issue and only because they were originally made for RHD supras. You can see the many builds KS Racing have done using their manifolds or even chat with the owner, Narin Yensuk, yourself if you'd like by searching them on FB.

We installed one just a few months ago... No fitment issues.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
I wounder how much difference does it make to go to the front fed type?

I guess the stock after a certain point becomes a bottle neck? Anyone know the record on the stock manifold?

Also, since the front feed is narrow in the back does that mean it goes leaner on the last cylinder?

The Supra Sport one looks like it would be an OEM unit like a 2JZ? It also looks like it feed more evenly but since it's going to front to back does this still mean the 6th cylinder still gets lean?

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
I don't think FFIM will yield more power. Depending on the style runners, it will shift the power band. However when going FFIM, you may choose to go with a larger throttle body as well.

I haven't heard anything negative in terms of flow to clyclinder number 6 on well designed ffims.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
A major benefit of FFIM is the ability to run larger intercooler and shorter ic piping. And imo best feature is no more cold side piping running over the engine and turbo. Cleans up the bay nicely!

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
suprapilot;2066180 said:
I guess the stock after a certain point becomes a bottle neck? Anyone know the record on the stock manifold?

Idk if it's the record but Shawn Cassidy made 752WHP on the stock manifold. It run 9's, it was featured on the show PINKS if you didn't already know.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
Don't watch TV much but thank's just found a video!

Not bad! I love the Early Mk3 Cars!

Yea, I can see why people like the FFIM if they are going for big power do to cross over piping size getting in the way.

It's nice to know though if your power levels are in the 600-700WHP range stock will do it no problem.