who here shifts without using clutch

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
I fall in the middle. I almost always take the car out of gear without clutching and clutch to put it back in. I've been driving like that so long it's practically ingrained. Doesn't get me anything but feels better for some reason...

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
jetjock;1141492 said:
I fall in the middle. I almost always take the car out of gear without clutching and clutch to put it back in. I've been driving like that so long it's practically ingrained. Doesn't get me anything but feels better for some reason...

same here

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
jetjock;1141492 said:

That's exactly what I've been doing since I started driving. Probably something I picked up from my dad. :)

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
jetjock;1141492 said:

it feels better because this technique is essentially the same as double clutching. I also occasionally shift like this.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Jetjock exactly how I drive 90 percne t of the time.

Subarus are pretty easy to shift no cluctch in.

I did it for a month in my old saab 900 turbo when the master cylinder broke(times were a little rougher back then)

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
I tryed this today just for spite ive never done it in my life tho.

Its pretty hard to do, I dunno if my trans is old or what but i could do it 3rd-4th but nowhere else it mighta been just me never doing it in my life before today too.

its pretty cool when it does work tho it kinda sucks the shifter into gear.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
The only time that I have done this is at our May meet in DFW and I welded my clutch disc to my flywheel at the track. So On the way home I had to rev match and shift, it's about 40 miles home from the track but mostly highway. I push the clutch in all the time though, not wanting to screw up another tranny.