"White Package" question for experts!

Hi there I would like some input from older 'supra' enthusiasts please. I would like to know what a dealer installed white package was all about for the 86.5 supras that came out...

My question comes from the fact that this past weekend i made a suprising discovery on my exterior moulding. Attached are a couple of pictures of my exterior moulding as i tried to peel off the paint.... Yes my mouldings are grey standard moulding painted over with white.... check it out. Pics were taken on my palm treo camera.

Patti_100608_001.jpg

Patti_100608_002.jpg

Patti_100608_003.jpg

Patti_100608_004.jpg

so then... im not imagining things right??? lol... Should i take the paint off and try to have the moulding painted again the same way as before... or should i go with 89+ white moulding to replace? As i sit here shaking my head and cant believe that the dealers painted over the grey center.... if they did this at all...

Vector89T

stickerdave.com
Aug 21, 2005
Lafayette, LA
I'd also recommend going with 89+ molding and having it painted. I'm in the process of restoring a 90T white package and you're also better off just getting any 89+ molding and having it painted. The entire 1990 set of white package molding is still available from Toyota with the exception of the license plate piece. Ready for this? It's about $750 list price, before tax. :) If the rear license plate piece was still available, it's list price is about $475. Even with Jeff Watson discounts or other dealers, it's still significant.

Hey thanks.

i was so heartbroken :3d_frown: while i was peeling the paint off this one piece of moulding.

Looks like i just might do than since i already have the 89+ tails with the white center on my car already. :icon_bigg

But if any of you guys with more knowledge about the painting of pre 89 moulding by dealers.... I would like to hear about it.