Where did the carbon fibre go?

Junior

Jul 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
ok I'll be the first to ask this question.

why do we NEED carbon fiber for non-structural shit?

if you wanna pimp your pocket book size by throwing carbon all over the place, go ahead, but really, the fact that it's more expensive now will just add to the exclusivity, which is really what you're after anyways.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I figured that the F22 would have something to do with it, but only recently did I hear about the 787.

I hear that they are also going to start using CF for some small arms. I don't know if the pros outweigh cons for this, but it sounds interesting.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Correctly laminated carbon fiber in plastic resin looks good when a good weave is used. My buddy at his wedding had carbon fiber dress shoes, and a carbon fiber wallet.

Unfortunatly, especially in car interiors where paint would look cheap, and wood would not fit the theme, carbon fiber blends in perfectly.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I've got all black interior in my 3G, except the seats, they're brown, don't ask me what the hell Mitsubishi was thinking when they did that combo, but anyways, I've got a nice white carbon fiber (not complely CF IIRC they use another material to make it white) dash kit and it really sets off the black interior.