Where did my BOOST GO?

supra-b

Sep 25, 2005
west palm/fl/NYC
Ok, I hardly ever use my mk3. My other ride is down for now so I have to drive my mk3. I start drivin and waitin to feel that awesome stock 1j pull and I feel nada'. I look at the boost "clock" and the needle will not go past the 0 mark. I believe it has vacuum because the needle does react when I drive but it stays in the neg- an will not go more than a hair over 0. I checked the vacuum hose on both turbo wastegate actuators and seem fine. I dont hear any leaks. Im done guessin, Im not a tech so anywhere else 4me to check guys, I got a bone stock 1j.:1zhelp:

supra-b

Sep 25, 2005
west palm/fl/NYC
Slow_Sc3;1105187 said:
blown twins....... boost leak?

Theres no smoke at all from the exhaust, that led me to not think of blown turbos. I managed to get to the front turbo and spin the blades. It spun smooth and freely. I need to have "boost Leak" explained a bit.

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
supra-b;1105193 said:
I need to have "boost Leak" explained a bit.

the 1jz uses a map sensor so it will still run fine even tho your intercooler piping has a massive hole in it or has poped off..... check the piping and couplers for anything that might be leaking.

supra-b

Sep 25, 2005
west palm/fl/NYC
Slow_Sc3;1105197 said:
the 1jz uses a map sensor so it will still run fine even tho your intercooler piping has a massive hole in it or has poped off..... check the piping and couplers for anything that might be leaking.

Havent checked the piping yet..will do.Thxs.

supra-b

Sep 25, 2005
west palm/fl/NYC
Ahhh...broken hose clamp on one of the IC pipes, hose popped off but could not tell till' I moved it. I installed a new clamp on and BOOSTIIIIN..Yeah! Thxs SC_3.:icon_bigg