Whats your oppinion on this turbo upgrade

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
the little ct housings get out flowed with a 60-1 in it. that thing prolly would not last long and this has been discussed before.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
wasn't there a thread on one of those someone bought just to simply see how long it would last? it wasn't long before it ate itself

and a quote from driftmotions ct26 rebuild thread
We do not do 60 trim or 60-1 upgrades because of reliability issues, not because we can't, but because we don't recommend it. You can make well over 400whp on a 57 trim CT26. I made 370whp/395tq on a 50 trim CT26, and the spool was fast.

that should be enough to see why that one surely wont last long

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
I ran a 60-1 for over a year and that choked pretty bad at higher RPMs.... little own a wheel that size. I can easily see the shaft snapping with a wheel that big on it.

Also, that is only for the compressor side. By the time you spend that much money on the compressor side, and the ammount to get it assembled and balanced you could put that money towards a decent turbo that will actually hold up.

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
Majority of the things on ebay for supras is garbage regardless....

Especially when in the description it boldy says racing and giant...
9 times out 10 on ebay if it sounds too good to be true it is...

Dont waste your money, buy reputable names or you will be regretting it later.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
YourEnemy;1515322 said:
I ran a 60-1 for over a year and that choked pretty bad at higher RPMs.... little own a wheel that size. I can easily see the shaft snapping with a wheel that big on it.

Also, that is only for the compressor side. By the time you spend that much money on the compressor side, and the ammount to get it assembled and balanced you could put that money towards a decent turbo that will actually hold up.

It's a common misconception that the CT's shaft is small. It's actually larger than the original garrett piece. The issue is the large wheel in the small housing causing compressor surge that destroys the turbo.