Whats up Sold supra sad day.

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
Well you may or may not know that I sold my supra about a month ago. The 17 year old kid who bought broke it the night he got it. :nono::cry: Called me up at 4 am and said the car is busted. I talked to his dad and told him that it needed some work before it would be track ready and that if he hot rodded it they would know cause he would break it. Dad says OK he is wanting somthing he can drive and fix at the same time. I say ok done deal. After the kid takes off his dad lets me know that his friends all call him the "drift king", I said oh crap its going to be broke for sure. So I stop the kid talk to him and tell him if he goes and drifts this car somthing is gonna give and it WILL break.

Kid says Oh I know I'm gonna fix it up some more before I do that, I said ok. Well I get the call and he is pissed and I'm like I warned you. It got you home fine (he lived an hour away), I've drove the car for a year and a half and the alternator gave out, replaced it ran fine again. I said I'll come over and look at it tomorrow and see what I can do to help, maybe as simple as giggleing a wire he says ok I'll call you, never called. I figured he fixed it and he was hunky dory, couple days later he is blowing my phone up with text messages, saying I hooked up the fuel lines wrong and the coil packs are bad etc..

I said look I'm sorry it broke but the deal is made I told you it problems and obviously if you have wrecked 4 cars in two years of driveing there is somthing wrong and stopped talking to him since. Now a couple days ago he texts me saying somthing about I could have killed him and and what not I just ignored it.

My problem here is I know he is just a hotheaded teenager and wants a running car, I could probably go over and fix it quickly but do I want to fix a turbo charged car for a teen who already wrecked 4 cars not broke down but wrecked them bad enough that they had to damage them out for insurance reasons (05 cobalt, 96 240sx, 2 honda civics). I mean I feel bad now but what if he I do fix it and he wraps it around a pole and dies I'd feel even worse ya know. So just me typing this out to see what you would do. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
I would tell him to jerk off, that little hot head doesn't deserve a car like a supra, OBVIOUSLY his cars of choices weren't that of someone who wanted to do something serious other than blow engines and put one in the next day. Like you said the deal is done.

{ Additionally, I myself am a 17yo that has blown a supra, I would not for the least bit blame any previous owners for my mistakes. My mistakes where cruising at 90mph everyday with a 20+yo engine, And without proper maintenance lead to my cars demise. The difference is though I take responsibility, and through my experiences have become a mechanic. People that wan't to blame other people for their mistakes just piss me off. I would really like to see others take initiative and stop crying so that they can be hand fed all day. } Damn what a rant Just got off work, and to see someone my age acting like a little bitch kind of frustrates me.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
if you let him know what was wrong with it before you sold it that's full disclosure, if he decided he should still buy it, and romp on it, then it's nothing but his fault, so don't feel bad...

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
Hey I have romped on it hard enough that It broke the tires loose at 25 mph. Its just frustrating to me that I spent all that money rebuilding the motor and what not for it to come to this. If I would have known that this would happen I would still own it and be driving it today for sure. Its just like tonight I get off work no wife, I get a phone call from her, "uhh the subaru won't start." OK so my dad loans his car to get me I get home the battery is dead., I charge it it starts I pull the positive cable car shuts off, need a new alternator yea, but we drove it all day with no problems. Crap just happens to cars they are machines they break end of story. Now thats just an example of how it is with cars luckly I got a back up car I just have to put gas in it till I can get the new alternator for the dd. Another thing is he was supposed to take all the supra parts I have with him now I have no supra but I have parts for one lol it never ends.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^thats a horrible way to test an alternator btw....

I would just tell him to stop calling. No body can look at a used car and really know whats wrong with the entire car until you own it.

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
Only option I had at time to test but, I was just on craigslist and he has got it for sale or trade for 3500 bucks which is way more than he got it for. I thought about flagging all his 5 posts lol. No he hasn't called since a couple weeks ago I just ignored it, and hyman I shouldn't have sold the turbo withdrawls are a killer.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
same thing happened to me with a 300zx i sold. 84300zx 50th anniversary edition. 2 weeks it was in the junkard with a pole sized dent in the rear quater. that was depressing, one of only 300 imported to canada to.

but its a used car, once he paid for it its his, end of story. if it lasts a week or a year. you warned him, he didnt listen, and boom his fault. its like the guy i sold my dirt bike to who blew it cause he forgot to add oil to the gas. and its obvious that he wants to show off to his friends with a high powered car, though he lacks the skills and knowledge to handle such a car.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
As mentioned before you've fully disclosed it what was wrong with it. You have no obligation to check out his car. Don't feel bad at all. Flag all his Craigslist post.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
SupraMario;1719825 said:
Send this to his parents:
http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117401

That's what happens when whiny fucking kids get their way with powerful cars. This kid is going to end up dead.

What I would do is send him a text offer to buy the car back for $500...when he says no, block his number.

THIS!!

He obviously can't hang in a car with enough power. & if he says no when you offer to buy the car back tell him to fuck off. you sold him the car as is, you have absolutely nothing that ties you down to the car.

The only possible way you could have "Killed him" if is you sabotaged the suspension on purpose, but we all know that no way in hell you would do that.

Im an 18 year old that bought a Rod Knock MK3, TONS of parts were missing, you have no idea... but did i call up the PO? Nope. I also bought the MK2 with a melted piston, the only thing i did hit up the PO was for the radiator & Y pipe because he said everything was in the back of the car & he lied. So 7 months with a Supra & no BHG. or accident. THATS RESPONSIBLE & i guess i can say im a pretty good driver compared to that 17 year old

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
This kid has no grounds for his position. If you want the car back then fine, just don't get hosed on the rebuy. Also be careful that he doesn't do something to the car like sabotage it in anger or whatever if he knows you are buying it back.

Obviously he is a spoiled ignorant kid. Even if he does wrap it around a pole, well that's very sad but you can't stop a 17yo from nothin. If he doesn't do what he wants with this Supra, he'll do it with some other car all the same so DON'T feel bad even for a moment. You've gotta let people do what they will do.

Flag all his posts... yes that's a great idea, from multiple computers too.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
VegaSupra;1719854 said:
This kid has no grounds for his position. If you want the car back then fine, just don't get hosed on the rebuy. Also be careful that he doesn't do something to the car like sabotage it in anger or whatever if he knows you are buying it back.

Obviously he is a spoiled ignorant kid. Even if he does wrap it around a pole, well that's very sad but you can't stop a 17yo from nothin. If he doesn't do what he wants with this Supra, he'll do it with some other car all the same so DON'T feel bad even for a moment. You've gotta let people do what they will do.

Flag all his posts... yes that's a great idea, from multiple computers too.

I've always figured this is natures natural selection for humans...cleans out the gene pool nicely.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Tell the kid to sell the Supra for whatever he can get for it, buy a Miata, and learn to fucking drive. Not your fault, and also a good reminder to ALWAYS put "sold as is" on the bill of sale to the new owner.

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
IZE=1]---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------[/SIZE]

[/COLOR]
SupraMario;1719825 said:

That's what happens when whiny fucking kids get their way with powerful cars. This kid is going to end up dead.
QUOTE]

This will not make a differance to his parents. They are the kid that don't give a shit and let the kid run all over them, the only time they will care is when he is dead and a statistic on a piece of paper.

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
Bringing back this post. I had afriend who went and bought the supra back after the kid blew the motor and some how trashed the turbo compressor wheel so bad its not usable if any one has a turbo for cheap let me know. My buddy is gave me another motor for it that runs and he has done the head gasket on (wasn't a bhg just preventative maint.) So the long block is in just buttoning up the wires and putting the ecu back in its place. Also going to rewire the knock sensors. that is all for now.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
That sucks. I kinda know how you feel, though. I sold an E30 to some drifto wannabe in KY that decided to ignore my advice about trailering the car home. Car had an iffy fuel pump. Kid made it about 80 miles down the road and it died on him. His mom and girlfriend blew up my phone for a solid week before the kid himself finally called me. They threatened me with a law suit... Ad clearly said trailer the car, I told him twice in text messages to trailer the car and warned him a last time in person before he drove off. Bill of sale says as-is, sorry bud.

I've got a few CTs laying around, shoot me a PM.

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
i really want a mk3 im 16 and wtf is wrong with this kid, i take it he doesnt know shit u never take a 20+ year old car and beat the hell out of it as soon as you get it and it was a supra let him hurt himself it was his car and im not calling you stupid or anthing but i would never give Supra turbo to a 16 year old haha im 16 but im about to buy a NA

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
SupraMario;1719825 said:

Kid was drunk as a skunk in this story - result would have been the same no matter the HP of the car. ...and his parents didn't let him get the DUI. Way to go and show your kid that he has no consequences for his actions.