What would you do?

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
I have a friend who enjoys pissing his friends off. When Ive had enough of his BS I ignore it. If it continues to the point where I get pissed off I leave. I dont stop by to visit and I dont answer his calls. He gets the message and 3 days to a week later he will come looking for me and comment on how he hasnt seen me in a while. The BS is kept to a minimum for a while, then when it returns I repeat said process.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Kangae;1524548 said:
+2, I love doing this. I know my supra isnt the fastest thing around and when people try to bait me its just funny how quick they get shot down by failing.

But like, can your NA take his prelude? If it can I'd say thats the easiest way to finish it, if you can beat his prelude then that should be good enough to shut him up?

I don't know...5th gen preludes had a plethera of engine choices iirc and some where pretty impresive. My na is simply a beater car...it's not the car that I take pride in...I'd have to find out what engine the kid has and that alone is too much effort for a turtle race.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Yeah I suppose its not worth it in the end, I just hate that this happens to me sometimes (sans the race part), people think that because I have a Supra that I must think its the fastest car around. People always hear that I have a Supra (mostly not from me, I usually don't go around bragging) and they are like "Oh man my X could totally beat your Supra". I normally agree with them that my almost stock Supra would be beaten by whatever borderline race car they are talking about.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
He rear ended a G35?! LMAO!! I'll help you shit talk when i'm over next time!! Yea one of my friends own a mazdaspeed protege and he would trash talk somewhat the whole time he was rebuilding his motor and upgrading his turbo and you were there for that race LOL!! (in the video section if you haven't seen it) Another time before i got the bigger turbo, a coworker would shit talk every time I worked with him! He owns a 1.8 civic hatchback with the loudest fartcan I've ever heard. "I'll beat that red piece of shit" "My car is lighter and I'm a better driver" "I can drift!" I would just answer back "uh huh. ok." he kept doing it for the next couple months. Finally he does it in front of someone when I was in bad mood. the other coworker bet money on the civic to win. i'm like hell ok!! I took him to a nice road. Stopped at the light, he did a full launch, peeled out and I just took off normally. Hit 2500 and punched it. I was gone by 2 car lengths by end of 3rd gear. I slowed down and i yelled out, "i'm sorry what were you saying you're a better driver"?! You're lighter?!

Wow i wrote a lot i'll stop now! lol

Last edited:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Your roommate doesn't know his ass from his elbow when talking about cars, either that or he's just trying to whip you up into a frenzy, which looks like it's working.

It was a bullshit "race". You know, I know, we know.

A 20 year old car that weighs over 3000lbs and makes 200hp is NO MATCH for today's sporty cars. You had fun, so who cares. This kid drives a Hyundai, and it's usually those guys who start these BS fights.

I had a kid come up to my black Supra in a parking lot when I had the hood open, showing a friend.
Never met this kid before, this was his opening line

Kid: "Hey man, is that a SUPRA?!"
Me: "Yes it is"
Kid: "I thought so! What year?"
Me: "1990"
Kid: "Is it TWIN TURBO?!"
Me: "No, that's the new ones, this one is single"
Kid: "Oh, that sucks. Haha"
Me: "Sucks? I doubt it. What do you drive again?"
Kid: "That Kia over there"
Me: "THAT sucks."
and I closed my hood.

My friends tried making fun of me for getting "made fun of" over my "single turbo junk" but these kids are always the ones driving econoboxes or using their mom's car for transportation.

Really, don't let it bother you. I laugh at these situations because it's their bitter contempt coming out in it's purest form.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
supra90turbo;1524737 said:
Kid: "Hey man, is that a SUPRA?!"
Me: "Yes it is"
Kid: "I thought so! What year?"
Me: "1990"
Kid: "Is it TWIN TURBO?!"
Me: "No, that's the new ones, this one is single"
Kid: "Oh, that sucks. Haha"
Me: "Sucks? I doubt it. What do you drive again?"
Kid: "That Kia over there"
Me: "THAT sucks."
and I closed my hood.

Hahaha! I wish I could have been there for that one.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I skimmed the first post. He's your roommate? Scrub the toilet with his tooth brush, at least he'll have a reason to talk shit all the time... lol

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Knowing both of you for years now, my suggestion is just chill and sit on it for now. I know right when you get the turbo up and running (on the road) the shit talking will dwindle to nothing because he'll be so impressed with your new car he'll forget about his other friends POS. In fact he'd probably switch to your side and argue with his buddy how his 'roomate has a badass supra that would woop your car' etc.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
IwantMKIII;1525462 said:
Knowing both of you for years now, my suggestion is just chill and sit on it for now. I know right when you get the turbo up and running (on the road) the shit talking will dwindle to nothing because he'll be so impressed with your new car he'll forget about his other friends POS. In fact he'd probably switch to your side and argue with his buddy how his 'roomate has a badass supra that would woop your car' etc.

Knowing people like this, he probably already does this to get both parties worked up.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
IwantMKIII;1525462 said:

yup....that will piss me off even more...

things have chilled down between us....i know he wont mention the vw again as he isnt that stupid.