What would you do?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Ok...here goes it..

Few months ago my friend/roommate and I were leaving taco bell and came across a vw gti r20. We were in my 87 NA supra and the r20 and I were pulling light to light....it was fun so I though and obviously my ass was handed to me! I knew this and I didn't care as it was just cool seeing a nice car in my area! There was no pride involved as I was mid build of my gte and I know I'd have handed the r20 his ass!

Anyway...my friend/roommate instantly starts this whole "you got owned by a vw" kick....it was funny at first! It's now 3 months later and dude doesn't stop with the vw thing!

Tonight I get a text which reads:

him:

Yo max's prelude just beat a vdubb... how does that make you feel?

Me:

Considering there are 100's of vdubs out there I honestly don't find it impressive....I have two supras how's that make you feel? Lol

him:

He said how does it make you feel that you lost to a vdub in one of those supras and he just beat one

him:

The vdub looked just like one you raced and failed to win but his prelude beat it. And your turbo supra is rebuilt and is turboed... he's na and 100% sto

ck so yeah no shit your turbo is gunna win. Race him in your na

Max says do it bitch... you won't... cause you know youl get beat down

me:

My 3500 pound 23 year old 120,000 mile na supra that put out 200 hp from the factory lost to a bran new gti..... And no there is way on gods green earth he won....the other dude probably didn't know there was a race! And no my turbo isn't rebuilt it still has a high milage bottom end...

Y'all need to get a grip

him:

We raced twice... and max won both times... and inbetween races they spoke about the race lol and his prelude has 150,000 miles on it... he said his car

owns your na anyday... your turbo on the other hand... you win.

Me:

I raced a gti r20.....270hp....get a grip......I don't brag about my na...infact I'm aware it's slow....which is why I also have a turbo.....he can shit talk all he wants but when the day ends I still have a turbo supra and he still has his fucking stock prelude....shit talking my na is like bragging he has a small cock.....counter productive

him:

Lol he says "win" because I told him you'd get fired up if I told you about him beating the vdub and so I went with it... lol damn it tyler you're so easy.

Me:

Your stupidity doesn't impress me....if pissing me off was your goal then awesome.....then yes you win....congrats on being a tool

him:

lol

me:

Lol fucking funny.....you know I called John today asking if he can get you an interview at Toyota....then you go out of your way to purposly piss me off....don't fucking mention the vw or try to piss me off again....you've worn it out...seriously knock it the fuck off.....you need to learn how to shut the fuck up!

Etc...he got the point!

The point of this thread is I was wondering if any of y'all ever experienced something like this? I don't and never cared that a r20 beat me...I knew the race was over before it started! It was fun!

My roommate drives a hyndai (sp) accent that is fucked up because he rearended a g35!!!!

Dude seems to never know when to shut his mouth!! How do y'all deal with such situations? Tonight I lost it! I really got pissed off!

I have forgotten more than he will ever know and he knows this but yet he keeps talking shit....his friend "max" seriously has no clue but they just don't get it!

I fear that I'm gonna end up getting violent and royally fucking up the both of them and this bothers me! How do I teach a retard to shut the fuck up short of knocking teeth out?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Yea, I had a friend who would do this shit. Just ignore him and don't say anything back. If he brought it up with other people around, remind him how much of a fuck up he is for wrecking into the back of another car.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
ForcedTorque;1524340 said:
Control the temper and deal with it. Him paying half of your rent is allowing you to build the Supra.

I too once got my ass handed to me by a VW...It was a turbo'd GTI

He needs me more than I need him...trust me on that!

He is a cool guy usually but he's the type that won't stop doing what he's doing untill he gets a reaction...which that alone pisses people off!

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
ugh still with this....i woulda fucking punched em already....but yea ignore em and stop giving him a reason to keep talking about this shit.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
That means I'll never be able to take him to supra meets or whatever as I know alot of the locals including you would own me in a race...

Yes I'm still pissed off...I just don't understand the logic behind shit talking my na??!! I don't understand why people TRY to piss their own friends off...I've done more work in the past 7 months to my gte...spent over $5000...yet both these tool bags WANT to have a fast car but non of them can afford to fill there gas tanks yet they still shit talk..

Fuck

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
gaboonviper85;1524462 said:
He needs me more than I need him...trust me on that!

He is a cool guy usually but he's the type that won't stop doing what he's doing untill he gets a reaction...which that alone pisses people off!

that sounds like my cousin hes always saying o when you get your supra "ryans 5.0 is going to smash you its hella fast" hes dumbass fuck its a wuto 5.0 and the guy can barely drive that...well my cousins never been am anything faster than that auto 5.0...but since i got my supra a year ago and ive been building it this whole time thats all i hear from him..i just ignore him or just say yea than he gets all madd hella funny....

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Every time he says something just say something back about how he fucked up on different things and laugh at him a lot.

When hes in a bad mood do it over and over till he gets really angry and he might get the point.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
empera;1524479 said:
actually i hope he comes to a meet....i'll shut em up

I'll toss you a few $$ if you do...it's ok for you to do whatever as you don't live with him! Lol

I'm definetly gonna start making fun of him and his lack of money and car! Kid works at Midas and went to tech school for automotive yet doesn't know how basic systems work..such as egr, pcv so on and so on.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
He's just fucking with you! It's a guy thing, for some guys. It's nothing to take seriously, or get pissed off about. Him and Prelude boy both know that you will be faster, so the talk shit while they can. When you kick his ass with the turbo car, he'll come back with the baddest Civic in town to get you back. That way he can talk more shit if it beats you. You're right though, bring him to a meet. There will be a Supra there to beat the Civic if you can't (some of them are bad ass).

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
$5.00 says you wouldn't punch him in the nose or mouth! And I'll paypal you the money if you do. Just need it on video.

Seriously, he's just razzin ya. No need to get bent out of shape. Best thing to do is the "yeah, yeah... your right" treatment and he'll shut up as soon as he see's that it doesn't bother you. The only reason why it's gone on this long is because he knows it bothers you.

How long and good of a friend has he been before you guys became roommates? Or did he become your friend afterward? If his character really bothers you then break up with him and move to your own place.

TomFraser

Being a teen in High School and having a supra (though it isn't anything special) will lead to people people talking shit about my car, saying their car is faster, and I always have one of two replies. Yes and No.

Them: My car is faster than yours...

Me: Yep
(doesn't matter if they are wrong... just say "yep")

Them: Wanna race?

Me: Nope

One word answers like this tend to stop the conversations quickly, don't feed into it.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
TomFraser;1524517 said:
Being a teen in High School and having a supra (though it isn't anything special) will lead to people people talking shit about my car, saying their car is faster, and I always have one of two replies. Yes and No.

One word answers like this tend to stop the conversations quickly, don't feed into it.

+1
This is what I do to said similar type morons.
Truth is, I had one of the fastest cars in High School.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I don't care if one shit talks...I'm just annoyed that dude doesn't know when to shut up...that's all.

I personally don't play the shit talk game...it's annoying!

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
gaboonviper85;1524535 said:
I don't care if one shit talks...I'm just annoyed that dude doesn't know when to shut up...that's all.

I personally don't play the shit talk game...it's annoying!

yea same here just have a decusion man 2 man and tell him wats up and he has something smart to say kick em out...and change the locks....idk if hes a snitch thats why im not advising punching him in the mouh you knw cause that doesnt help you out just get you a assualt case....

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
TomFraser;1524517 said:

+2, I love doing this. I know my supra isnt the fastest thing around and when people try to bait me its just funny how quick they get shot down by failing.

But like, can your NA take his prelude? If it can I'd say thats the easiest way to finish it, if you can beat his prelude then that should be good enough to shut him up?