What type of title does your Supra have?

Eamon

Feb 3, 2010
USA
I'm just curious about what kind of title everyone's car has.

Right now mine has a salvage title after I hit a telephone pole a few months ago. Everything's fixed Now and the r title should come in in a few weeks :D

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
My 86.5 and 89 are regular, my 92 is listed as salvaged due to a front end hit, airbag didn't go off, but this was back in '96 so who knows..

frame is straight and everything checks out, so maybe the owner didn't want it anymore.?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Mine is a clean title. Dont think ill ever buy a slavage car again even if it was minor.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
If the owner never brought it to a shop it won't show on Carfax. Then there's the shops that don't fill out those reports...

Clean title here.

SuprAz

Jul 5, 2010
Grand Canyon State
Gotta love CarFax then haha, but what stops others from lying, anyhow my car has a clean title, yet i got the original steering wheel without an airbag so might have had an accident.

Clean title here but front end panels were repainted along with the rear bumper and replaced nose panel (replaced with one w/o headlamp washers). Still haven't looked at it too closely to try and figure it out.. So far every panel I've checked still has matching VIN's so its' beyond me. Maybe it was just a small fender bender up front and some faded panels got repainted, who knows..

But carfax definitely does not tell the full story, only if it was claimed and written up. Plenty of accidents happen under the radar sad to say :/

Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
242,000 miles of smooth sailing...

It dodges cars pretty well too though, lol. Turbo blast the fuck out!

I thought it was pretty fucked up, when someone hit my Karmann Ghia, the other persons insurance company deemed it totalled, then mailed me a copy of my title with THEIR name on it(basically seizing possesion of it) asking if I wanted to buy it back from THEM, all before I could ask, "Uhm, excuse me?"
Playin' hardball! Get a second opinion! Shoot, get a third opinion! And save every receipt with a note on it stating how much labor it took you.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
last car salvage title rear end hit

current supra clean title 76K miles on body, i've had it stripped to the bone, no indication of an accident ever. Other then a small dent in qtr panel behind molding...

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
clean title on meh 87 supra, but my 04 Honda has definitely seen better days. 1 accident 7k to fix, and many, many dings & scrapes.

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
Clean title on my 89T. I'm the third owner. 108K miles to date (rebuilt the engine at 99K), no accidents.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
clean title

registered as a new car in 2006.

my mark 3 wasnt on dmv records for several years so they dropped it, after fighting with Texas and Cali for 6 months about proving the car exists and runs perfectly I finally found a way to get it titled but only as a new car. cost me over 500 bucks to get everything set, I'm thinking somewhere around $1,000 when I was finally done.

suprajim54

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Bonded title. I bought the car from a guy who never registered it in his name after he bought it from the original owner. It was a pain in the ass and cost me about $500 to get it all taken care of.