what to do with connections not being used

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
ok so im at the point in my build were im looking at all teh connections i dont need from the engine harness. all of the auto tranny connections arent being used either due to my turbo 400 setup. wahts tyhe best thing to do with them.
I know this may sound stupid to all but im horrible when it comes to electrical systems. please help. thank you

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i keep mine i just move them out of the way - for instance for my crusie control and boost sensor i have them in the fender taped to the harness that goes through there. you could just cut the lines off to wherever they route to.

for my 2j im just going to remove every wire associated with stuff i dont need - traction control, automatic transmission etc takes a load of wires off the harness

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Tape em up behind the harness as you never know when they might be needed again.

When I first went standalone I deleted MANY wires then found a nightmare when I decided to install an Auto.... :(

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
tlo - thats a good idea with teh cruise control. ima do that

IJ - thanks your right - i was thinking of removing them but like you said it would be a headache to rewire and i do have an a340e that i may just have rebuilt and replace the th400 if i ever want to go faster:icon_bigg