what tha hell (delayed reaction)

blue7mgte

May 9, 2007
austin,texas
get this..... so i give it gas, 1-2 second delay then it revs up, what tha hell? i changed tha mass air, the tps and tha idle air, but nothing, still tha same? what else could it be? :aigo:

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
Check timing, make sure none of the wire got broke while you was moving stuff around. Finaly check the tps once more.

blue7mgte

May 9, 2007
austin,texas
yea it seems like it idles smoothly, its just when i give it gas. and also i held it at bout 2,500rpms and it will hold a few seconds and then drop for like a second, then rise back up and i'm not moving my foot.

i check the wires around my cam sensor and a pin is exposed but still connected, but tha sensor itself is tightly in place.

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
Just going to put it out there did you make sure you plug everything back in right. Also check you vac hose make sure you didn't leave one off or switch spots.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Have you connected pin E1 to Te1 on the diagnostic check connector and verified that you have no codes?

blue7mgte

May 9, 2007
austin,texas
ok so the check engine symbol was missing a bulb, when replaced it, i got codes: 41 and 52, so i checked CYGNUS and

41 Throttle Position Sensor Signal
Diagnosis :
Open or short circuit in throttle position sensor signal.
Trouble Area
Throttle position sensor circuit
Throttle position sensor
ECU

52 Knock Sensor Signal
Diagnosis :
Open or short circuit in knock sensor signal.
Trouble Area
Knock sensor circuit
Knock sensor
ECU
what are the chances thats it my ecu b/c its listed twice

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
blue7mgte;1022879 said:
i check the wires around my cam sensor and a pin is exposed but still connected, but tha sensor itself is tightly in place.

well first thing i would do it fix that exposed pin.
and now that youve read those codes, i would check to see if your tps is working properly and that its adjusted properly. and then i would rewire you knock sensors.

thats just what i would do
-pete

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
ECU is extremely rare...

code 52 is either a disconnected knock sensor, or you need to rewire em

Was the TPS new or used? Did you properly adjust it per the TSRM (not just fiddling with it until you think it's right)

blue7mgte

May 9, 2007
austin,texas
well i solved the knock sensor problem, it was an exposed portion of the wire touching the starter, so that code went away... yay!!!:icon_razz now on to the code 41. i took apart the tps sensor and found that the contacts inside were worn out so i ordered one in for 54.98 and it should be in by monday so...i guess i'll see then! here are some pictures of the inside of tha tps!!

Attachments

• DSC_0245.jpg
    DSC_0245.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0248.jpg
    DSC_0248.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 22

aadsen

Philly Supras
Aug 4, 2005
Allentown
I've seen this on another car (not a supra). we ended up putting in a new tps. his car ran like shit. it would shit out once in awhile but mainly idle like crap and was really sluggish on the gas pedal to the point if i would hold the gas in, it would rev then lost all power and stahl, while the pedal is depressed. just letting you know where his prob. was and it sounded similar. good luck.