what really happened to mkiiitech.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
amazing. i JUST got a response from my old host:

As you’ve probably aware we’ve sent out a notice last night about a technical issue with one of our web servers. The actual issue at hand was that one of our usually well–contained scripts spun out of control and deleted the entire contents of your web server including the operating system and all account information.

To compound the problem, this has happened right after our infrastructure upgrade during which we have (in hind-sight – prematurely) disconnected old backup arrangements and were just starting to run backups on the new systems. Due to that fact while we’ve been able to completely restore the operating system and ALL databases, we have only been able to recover files for only about 40% of customers on your web server. Unfortunately your account is one of those that could not have been recovered as it wasn’t backed-up in time and we no longer have access to the old backups that were done before the infrastructure upgrade.

Your login information was completely restored so you should have no problem connecting to your account with FTP and re-uploading any backups that you have of your web sites’ files.

i can't believe that crap. anyway, i have a new host and some new forum SW and a backup or six of the DB.....if/when i get time most of the info should be restored....suffice to say that i'm less than happy....

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
That is bull crap. How come they only had 40 % of your data backed up? Even on the older system, they should have had a 100% backup and if they were any reputable hosting company, the data would also be stored off site, on tape drives and what not, not just in one location.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Wow, they must not know the meaning of redundancy.
Good thing you have backups in such an event.

"The actual issue at hand was that one of our usually well–contained scripts spun out of control and deleted the entire contents of your web server including the operating system and all account information."

Sounds fishy...Yeah Bob came to work just like any other day, he was our best employee. Until one day he decided to off all the employees for no reason.

Did you loose much?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Wow, talk about them losing business, get the word out to other people hosting from them. This should never, and I repeat never happen to anyone, hosting through a company. This is ridiculous.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
drjonez said:
yeah, i wish. but i am sure somewhere in the terms of svc there is a clause about not being liable for anything....

Seems like everything these days is covered by a clause like this. Its almost as if your paying for an "as is" service. "No life guard on duty, swim at your own risk".

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
care to drop the name of said horrible company so we dont use them again? i want to make sure that my clans CS server isnt on there.

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
suprastanger507mgte said:
That is bull crap. How come they only had 40 % of your data backed up? Even on the older system, they should have had a 100% backup and if they were any reputable hosting company, the data would also be stored off site, on tape drives and what not, not just in one location.

They should have been able to get all of it back.
"reviews"
http://www.jubileestallions.org/reviews/neureal.com