what order do the spark plug wires go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
:1zhelp:two questions. what is the line that comes out of the bottom of the football looking air chamber in the intake and where does it connect to? second question how do i know what order to put my spark plug wires back in.they are still connected to the circle thing .can they just go in any order? :1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

my car is a n/a

67rstbkt

May 22, 2008
Reno, NV
beachsupra;1079159 said:
:1zhelp:two questions. what is the line that comes out of the bottom of the football looking air chamber in the intake and where does it connect to? second question how do i know what order to put my spark plug wires back in.they are still connected to the circle thing .can they just go in any order? :1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

Not sure what the "football looking thing" your'e talking about is, but you should definately check out the TSRM, and yes, it matters what order the wires go. Here's the link, it should all be in here. And the circle thing is your distributor.
Good Luck!

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/techtips.aspx

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
beachsupra;1079159 said:

my car is a n/a
click on the link that guy provided^^^^

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
beachsupra;1079159 said:

my car is a n/a
Firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4.

The hose that comes out of the "football thing" goes to the PS air valve. Acutally it's on the pipe that goes to the "football thingy".

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
beachsupra;1079159 said:
:1zhelp:two questions. what is the line that comes out of the bottom of the football looking air chamber in the intake and where does it connect to?

I think you are referring to the powersteering idle up valve. Its on top of the power steering pump toward the back and has two hoses on it, one to the bottom of the intake.

beachsupra;1079159 said:
can they just go in any order? :1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

:nono: wow. just wow.
The spark plugs have a specific firing order and need to fire the appropriate cylinder when that cylinder is at the top of its compression stroke (come on man, this autoshop 101 here!). The "round thing" is your distributor cap. It should have the appropriate numbers embossed on it next to each wire that tell you which cylinder it goes to. If it doesnt it will at least have the #1 marked and you have to figure out the rest from there.

edit: yeah, what AJ's said

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
EDIT: dam didnt read all the way youre N/A sorry but just for reference when you go turbo. lol

too young too old just right heard that from someone else on the forums lol helps me everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.