What NOT to do to the Bosses Chair

Justin727

T-virus infected
Well the Boss man took off for Thanksgiving and one of our parts delivery guys decides it's time to goof off.
Well he's one of those guys whom loves to use the brake cleaner and lighter trick... He proceeds to walk into the bosses dark office and blow a few flames in the dark... We're hoping he'll trigger the sprinkler head!! But he doesn't he was lucky as the flames kissed the mercury glass just so ready to blow.
He then decides to target the bosses chair since he has done so before in the past. The chair has survived his flame kissing for nearly 3 years and the reasoning behind flaming the bosses chair is simply because he is known as the Devil and his chairs are flame resistant. Or so we thought after many flames have touched both of his chairs.
He pulls the chair out of the office and sprays brake cleaner around the plastic back frame of the chair just to have a neat effect. He over shoots the frame a few times and the Oh so lovely foam pad bottom drinks up!
The parts driver didnt think of that at all. Walked off and came back and resoaked the frame. He then grabbed the lighter and lit the frame and the fire dripped down on the cushion that was soaking wet with brake cleaner...

Needless to say it went horribly wrong like how to not fry a turkey flames were 10ft high going thru the 2nd floor steel grating.. Anyhow the chair is a total loss and the driver was shitting bricks not knowing what to do. Lost some hair on his head trying to remove the chair from the building. I had to chase his ass with the extinguisher because the flames were that bad and didnt have no time to get it on camera.

Here is the chair now in the dump. Boss is gonna be happy to see he has no chair monday morning and a parts driver with alot of explaining to do.

p1458443_1.jpg

thankfully no one was hurt.

Edit:
Cliff Notes
Don't spray flamable solvent at an already flamable material
The End result is dead chair

Last edited:

Justin727

T-virus infected
He's almost in tears over the matter. I told him to go across the street to office depot and get something.

We had to air out the 2 story parts dept., customer lounge, business office, and showroom floor.
Everyone came to use to ask us what is going on and I told them service was doing a fuel induction service to a vehicle.

Justin727

T-virus infected
I agree Ian.

He lit the frame and just the frame was lit for about 5 seconds then it dripped down and BOOM while he was hunched over laughing. That smile went from big to OH SHIT!! He has both of his hands on the top of his head pacing in the back as we speak.

Keep in mind this is almost an hour later

Justin727

T-virus infected
IJ.;1458491 said:
Burn the rest of the office and say it was spontaneous combustion??

sir he has done that to the walls already, I had to goto the parts store and get some white rattle can.

Luckily it matches perfectly but from the sides you can see a slight glare but he cant notice it.

I'm 2nd in charge if he's not over here so protecting my job security is also a concern.

But this just takes the cake Im out of this one all together. Thank god

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
cant just hire in house people to wash?

that chair is funny tho.. my old boss didnt like the fire extinguisher as a way to thrust across the shop... wish I had a pic.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Go to office depot, buy another chair and tell the boss it is an early Christmas present........unless he doesn't like his job, in which case he tells the boss he set his chair on fire and there isn't shit he can do about it.

Justin727

T-virus infected
Mk3runner;1458519 said:
cant just hire in house people to wash?

that chair is funny tho.. my old boss didnt like the fire extinguisher as a way to thrust across the shop... wish I had a pic.

No because Group1automotive is trying to cut cost. Hourly people along with us buying washing supplies would cost too much each monthly.
When you can pay the salary of 3k monthly to a company that can use their own guys (4) compared to our use to be in house (2) and also buy their own supplies that saves the company money.

I recieved a 15% paycut at the start of the year. I am lucky I broke 42k so far this year might be able to squeeze out 45k hopefully :(

edit: he found a chair just like the old one stashed away at Kia. He will be replacing it with that.

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
so i leave SM for a minute, i come back and u let the employee burn up the bosses chair????

thats f'n funny.

imma get ya some personal sized extinguishers so you can give em out for christmas.

Last edited:

Justin727

T-virus infected
update:
Well the sunday before the boss came back the driver went to office depot and purchased a chair.. I was unaware of these actions and came into work expecting something awful. I was really wanting to come in and start the morning off with a laugh but it was calm. Everything was going on as normal....
Boss calls me into the office to ask about some paper work and I see this chair and it looked almost the same as it was before it blew up.. Puzzled, I laughed and asked him how he liked the new chair..
He said its nice but wheres the old one?? Well being the good guy that I am I just said well the driver was checking in parts and doing paper work in the office and the base broke. I also said I went on to scare the poor guy into buying a new chair not thinking he would actually buy it.. Told him the boss was gonna be pissed and he was gone. That probably would have happened if the boss new the truth.
Well the boss man bought the story. Driver came in a tit bit worried. As the day went on boss man asked about the cost of the chair. Damn thing was 149.99. The boss told the driver to package it back up and get his money back and he'll get one thru the company.
LOL the lucky SOB got his money back and the boss got a new chair either way..

But either way please dont blow up your bosses chair you may not be as fortunate as this guy who ended up looking like he did the right thing. lol

Justin727

T-virus infected
estrellainc;1458682 said:
so i leave SM for a minute, i come back and u let the employee burn up the bosses chair????

thats f'n funny.

imma get ya some personal sized extinguishers so you can give em out for christmas.

No dont do that Los. The driver will use them on people while their in the bathroom and when he may need them most they'll all be discharged. Almost happened in this incident. We have 6 and all but 1 was still charged before the incident.