What music are you into?

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
I'm don't really know what category most of my favourite songs fall into; in general, I like classic/alternative rock (as long as it's not too heavy) and trip-hop the best, but I also like to listen to electronic music, oldies and 80s stuff. Depends on what mood I'm in.
What I usually don't like is hip-hop, rap, techno or country. Some few trance tracks are ok though.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Souprat-The Soundgarden stuff that I'm talking about is albums like "Louder Than Love," "Screaming Life/Fopp" and "Ultramega OK." I'm also a big fan of "Badmotorfinger," but that one is more well-known than the others I've mentioned. Those are the only Soundgarden albums I listen to. I started listening to them at about the age of 13 when my uncle gave me "Badmotorfinger," and their most-popular "Superunknown."

It seems kind of funny to me when people consider themselves "fans" of Soundgarden when all they know is "Black Hole Sun."

If you haven't heard these albums before, then I recommend buying them if you like Soundgarden enough. If you want some samples, I can throw something together for you.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Slow Poopra 7MGTE said:
underground hard stuff, underoath, zao, love lost but not forgotten, terror, it dies today and so on and then i can listen to some emo stuff, coheed and cambria, taking back sunday, thursday, hawthrone, anberlin, grade, and def old school punk stuff and lots and lots of underground rap and old school

That shit isn't exactly underground anymore.... sure it's not full blown mainstreem but those bands are now a dime a dozen. Yeah I like all them too though, noteably Thursday + ZAO. All the bands I'm into are in the other thread, with a few more ive been listening to recently again:

As I Lay Dying
On the Might of Princes
Bane
Boysetsfire
unearth

ect ect

Tigerkat229

Sexy Kitty
Aug 2, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.xanga.com
I just listed some of the stuff I thought people would know to give an idea of the kinds of music i like...like i said i'm into lost of stuff...I found one yesterday thats awesome called Recover..want some things that are less "mainstream" as you put it..

Ra, Mindless Self Indulgence, Pillar, Downlo, Die Trying, Relative Ash, Dark New Day, Glass Intrepid...just a couple...

I may not do a bunch of underground sound, but I hardly consider myslef "mainstream" considering that I don't even get a decent radio station where I am so It's not like I listen to whats "cool" and go buy it..I tend to go to either FYE or any local store and just pick up bands I've never heard of and listen to it and buy what I think is good.

But then again, your entitled to your opinnion just as much as I am...

SuprAng

Garage Queen VV
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, ON
90s euro/dance/freestyle will always have a place in my heart..

since its dead, i listen to trance, house and such... dont really like hip hop, but it does make use of a good system. 80s music is cool, Ive been exposed to it from a kid since i had an older sister in the 80s.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
underoath, from autumn to ashes, evermore, bloodsimple, candiria, slugest, one king down, blueskiesfade,misery signals, etc......

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
anybody knows silverchair???

i realised that lots of people dont know them... but im always surprised how many people overseas know Bjoerk.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
silverchair is the shit, them, greenday(the old stuff, dookie, insomniac), No doupt, Korn, Limp bizkit(again the old stuff).
all kicked ass back in the day when i was descovering music and explicit lyrics wasnt around, (12-13)

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
yeah, i totally agree with you! the old stuff is great... well the new stuff (silverchair, korn, green day) rocks too.

how about german bands? die aerzte, die toten hosen, rammstein?!?! anyone?
i love them.

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
TopSecret said:
i love them.
Manchmal, aber nur manchmal, haben Frauen ein kleines bisschen Haue gern...... :naughty:
I guess I don't count, but I like Die Toten Hosen and Die Ärzte. Rammstein is just not my kind of music though.
But I'm also curious how well-known they are outside of krautland.....

Tigerkat229

Sexy Kitty
Aug 2, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.xanga.com
TopSecret said:
yeah, i totally agree with you! the old stuff is great... well the new stuff (silverchair, korn, green day) rocks too.

i love them.

I love Rammstein! Those guys are awesome! I hear they have the best pyro technics show...i'd love to go to Germany to see em live

L

lanky189

D34DC311 said:
silverchair is the shit, them, greenday(the old stuff, dookie, insomniac), No doupt, Korn, Limp bizkit(again the old stuff).
all kicked ass back in the day when i was descovering music and explicit lyrics wasnt around, (12-13)

:icon_conf

bimp lizkits first cd "Three Dollar Bill Y'all" was parental advisory...

and did you just list No Doubt, betwixt green day and korn?

hm... anybody like reel big fish? the old school stuff

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
Tigerkat229 said:
I love Rammstein! Those guys are awesome! I hear they have the best pyro technics show...i'd love to go to Germany to see em live

you can see them in the US too... at least as far as i know... i dunno if they have a tour this year but they definitely did tour thru the US. i remember reading something about a performance tehy did for "bueck dich"... the police didnt like it and cancelled the show.

Tigerkat229

Sexy Kitty
Aug 2, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.xanga.com
TopSecret said:
you can see them in the US too... at least as far as i know... i dunno if they have a tour this year but they definitely did tour thru the US. i remember reading something about a performance tehy did for "bueck dich"... the police didnt like it and cancelled the show.

Yea...too many rules in the US...i wanna see it where its not so uptight and pansy

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
lanky189 said:
:icon_conf

bimp lizkits first cd "Three Dollar Bill Y'all" was parental advisory...

and did you just list No Doubt, betwixt green day and korn?

hm... anybody like reel big fish? the old school stuff

I was throughing out the huge viriaty that i listened too, from No Doubt all the way to Korn.
and yea i know, but green days first too, i got them at wally world and guess what they werent bleeped out, can u believe it.:biglaugh:

TopSecret said:
:icon_confwell, then yeah.... come to germany.

I'm Tryin,:biglaugh:, this summer im comin over there.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
I, admittedly, used to listen to Limp Bizkit, Green Day and Korn-a long time ago.

That's until I learned more about music...

Korn isn't that bad, but Green Day and Limp Bizkit are total trash. LB is just another band that has come and gone pretty quickly-due to a lack of any useful material. And if you ask me, the members of the "band" Green Day should be deported.

I also used to like Rammstein (ien?), but got away from their stuff in mid-late high school as well.

Last edited:

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Bright Eyes
Misfits
Rancid
Van Halen
Guns 'n Roses
Head Automatica
Taking Back Sunday
Thursday
Brand New
The Used
Coheed and Cambria
Modest Mouse
Bright Eyes
Head Automatica
My Chemical Romance
Glassjaw
Damageplan
Fear Factory
Jimmy Eat World
Rise Against
Death From Above 1979
Tiger Army
Yellowcard
Sublime
The Clash
The Vandals
Straylight Run
Sparta
Dashboard Confessional
Avenged Sevenfold
Jimi Hendrix
Frank Sinatra
Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
Jack Johnson
Johnny Cash
Coldplay
Beach Boys
The Doors

There are so many bands, I can't even think of all the bands I like/listen too. I basically listen to a little bit of everything, just not much pop or country. There are so many good bands from the 70's and 80's, I love cruisn' around in my car listen to some good '80s songs :biggrinki

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Well some of you have left me curious. You say that you like music from certain decades. Okay, well if you said you like music from the 80's, then you could like anything from Cindy (sp?) Lauper to Slayer. Bands or genres of music would better get your point across. I'm just trying to better understand your comments.

Loki-You are also well-rounded in your musical taste. Although you like some bands that disgust me, you also like some darn good stuff. By the way, do you listen to Rush at all? I'd still like to more about the singer of Coheed and Cambria and if he really does sound similar to Geddy Lee (Rush's lead singer).

\m/

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Lets see, some of the '80s band/artists I like.

Duran Duran
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Bruce Springsteen
J Giles Band
A-Ha
The Cure
The Eagles
Whitesnake
Alice Cooper
Soft Cell
The Police
ZZ Top
AC/DC
Van Halen
Metallica
Posion
Motley Crue

The list is mostly just bands who are on an '80s cd I made a while back. There are once again so many, can't even think of them all. There is just so much good music out there. I don't know how people can only listen to one kind of music, I'd go crazy if I did.