What music are you into?

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
I tried starting a similar thread some time ago and it really didn't go anywhere. I thought I'd give it another shot, just for the hell of it.

List whatever bands, genres or otherwise that you listen to. If you feel the need, include your favorite musicians, such as guitar player, bass player, drummer and singer.

I've got somewhere around 300 cds, but I'll list what I'm currently listening to the most.

Kyuss, Melvins, Crowbar, Acid Bath, Alabama Thunderpussy, Sixty Watt Shaman, Goatwhore, Bongzilla, Weedeater, Sleep and High on Fire.

I like a lot of different genres of music, but right now I'm really into southern rock/metal and stoner rock/metal.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
That thread blows.

It's not going to hurt my feelings if nobody posts here. But if anybody wants to post on a new music thread, go ahead. Please at least make it seem as if you know what you're talking about, too.

Yes, DC, those are metal bands-which probably make, as the average liberal sees it, "hate music."

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I like 80's music. 70's is pretty good too. Some 90's stuff is alright, but I really don't like most of the rap music. (Short of a few very funny ones like Baby's got back. that one is dang funny.)

Gangsta rap just totally blows.

Techno is fun, but really I like Club and European type industrial techno/club music. (Must be from being there in the 80's? IDK.)

Trance is interesting, but can be a bit much at times.

The new Billy Idol CD is great. I also like classical music. (Now there is a spread for you, just about anything fits inbetween those two styles of music.)

I used to like the Dixie Chicks, then they stopped singing, and talked politics. Same goes for Bruce Springsteen, and Bon Jovi. Any artist/singer/actor who wants to tell me what they think politically needs to run for office, and do it the legitimate way. Don't use your fame to tell me your opinion. Don Henley is a perfect example of a great singer who's very wrong headed in his thinking. Sting comes to mind here too. Heck, 70% of the artists in the world are liberal scum... LOL The other 30% are mostly Country and Western singers, and the odd rock band here and there.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
SP 7M said:
That thread blows.

It's not going to hurt my feelings if nobody posts here. But if anybody wants to post on a new music thread, go ahead. Please at least make it seem as if you know what you're talking about, too.

Yes, DC, those are metal bands-which probably make, as the average liberal sees it, "hate music."

umm dude WTF is your problem, im not attacking you as you may see it, how does the thread i posted blow, it has 3 pages of music and groups, does it blow because i started it? is this the reason,
and i have news for u, i love every type of music, (cept country) i have 15000+ songs stored in one harddrive. so please dont bring shit from other threads to this one because u cant stand me, its not my problem.

ever heard of a group called, Dark Tranquility?
I listen to metal to buddy, i was asking a senceable question.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Country in Oregon? Are you serious? LOL

I guess I'll make another addition to the bands that I listen to. Other than what I've already listed, Pantera is, without question, my favorite band. After that, in no specific order, I jam to Slayer, Death, Down, Rush, Faith No More, Orange Goblin, Suicidal Tendencies, Megadeth, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Corrosion of Conformity, a little Kottonmouth Kings, Dimmu Borgir, Alice in Chains, Agents of Oblivion, Mystick Krewe of Clearlight (they spell it that way), Eyehategod (I hate the name) and the list goes on for days.

I really f'n like music, to say the least. My two biggest hobbies are my cars and my music.

Oh yeah, commercial bullshit is worthless.

Last edited:
S

Slow Poopra 7MGTE

underground hard stuff, underoath, zao, love lost but not forgotten, terror, it dies today and so on and then i can listen to some emo stuff, coheed and cambria, taking back sunday, thursday, hawthrone, anberlin, grade, and def old school punk stuff and lots and lots of underground rap and old school

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
i like rock... every kind of rock... metal, alternative, classic rock...
and oldies... mainly 70s and 80s. oldies are just GREAT!

S

Slow Poopra 7MGTE

80s is def good, gotta love 80,s 80's music, 80's cars... yeah thats all i can think of...

Tigerkat229

Sexy Kitty
Aug 2, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.xanga.com
lets see...I've got an insane CD collection so i'll make this as short as possible considering I really do love and listen to them all...

Seether, 10 years (newest cd in the stack, awesome lyrics), Static-X, Breaking Benjamin, Cold, Soil, Theory of a Deadman, Staind, Dark New Day, 12 Stones, Saliva, Rob Zombie, Killswitch Engage, Mudvayne, Bush, Live, Adema, HIM...

This list could go on forever...I really like 80's music too...something about riding around in an MKIII w/ 80's tunes blaring that just works...

But as you can see I'm a huge rock fan although I do listen to all kinds of music...except that really "thug" (no offense to anyone) rap and country.

~Kitty

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
D34DC311 said:
umm dude WTF is your problem, im not attacking you as you may see it, how does the thread i posted blow, it has 3 pages of music and groups, does it blow because i started it? is this the reason,
and i have news for u, i love every type of music, (cept country) i have 15000+ songs stored in one harddrive. so please dont bring shit from other threads to this one because u cant stand me, its not my problem.

ever heard of a group called, Dark Tranquility?
I listen to metal to buddy, i was asking a senceable question.

Change your tampon, hahhahahahaha :nuts: but seriously, I like classic rock, 80s and 90s rock, some old school rap but none past 95 or so, just Doggystyle and the chronic, you know the white boy rap :biglaugh:

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Tigerkat229 said:
lets see...I've got an insane CD collection so i'll make this as short as possible considering I really do love and listen to them all...

Seether, 10 years (newest cd in the stack, awesome lyrics), Static-X, Breaking Benjamin, Cold, Soil, Theory of a Deadman, Staind, Dark New Day, 12 Stones, Saliva, Rob Zombie, Killswitch Engage, Mudvayne, Bush, Live, Adema, HIM...

This list could go on forever...I really like 80's music too...something about riding around in an MKIII w/ 80's tunes blaring that just works...

But as you can see I'm a huge rock fan although I do listen to all kinds of music...except that really "thug" (no offense to anyone) rap and country.

~Kitty
First of all, what denotes an "insane" cd collection?

Second, it is highly apparent that your musical taste is highly commercially-influenced. That really sucks. It's your choice and loss, though.

To add some more from my very jam-worthy collection, I like Stevie Ray Vaughan, Soilent Green, Jethro Tull, Soundgarden (the old shit that most "Soundgarden fans" are oblivious to), Cradle of Filth, Temple of the Dog, Mad Season, 311, Obituary, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate, G-n-F'n-R's, Frank Zappa, Body Count and just a little bit of rap, to include Bone Thugs N Harmony.

Slow Poopra-I wouldn't consider Thursday to be emo. I am an advocate of the extinction of emo. I've heard most of one of Thursday's cds and I thought it was some pretty decent stuff.

I've also heard that the lead singer of Coheed and Cambria sounds like Geddy Lee of Rush, whom I am a huge fan of. I'd like to at least take a moment to hear what they're all about some time.

I'm glad to see the way that this thread is going. Even if I don't like what kind of music you listen to and give you a little bit of shit about it, it's pretty entertaining to read what some of you have to say.

L

lanky189

SP 7M said:
Second, it is highly apparent that your musical taste is highly commercially-influenced. That really sucks. It's your choice and loss, though.

Just becuase one doesnt listen to less commercialized music doesn't mean they are missing out. I personally don't care for the sound of bands that arent as "polished" so to speak. It seems to me some of these bands utilize crappy recording and low buck music effects to throw a shadow over less then talented band-mates etc... some of the undergroud stuff i've heard should stay there forever.. some of it..its really moving...

I'm not a hater...I just don't get people who diss what may be considered more mainstream than what they like.

It's all music and like Carlos Santana once said "It all moves the air..and the air touches you..and it moves you...and changes your molecules and thats what you feel when good music touches you...it's that feeling I love the most"

<the above quote was paraphrased from memory>

anywho... rock on..this thread is neat-o

ToyoHabu

Jun 25, 2005
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I've been known to listen to everything from Sara Brightman to Manowar. Then there was a great band from nashville the Evinrudes. Love that icelandic chic Bjork(pronounced yerk) I dont like music that is just some guy yelling and grunting. Though I do like a little kmfdm evrynow and then. ALso a little Venus Hum also go figure. My feeling is whatever you like turnit UP :bigthumb:

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Lanky-Don't get me wrong, dude. Although I admit to being an asshole, I'm also very sarcastic. I often deal with people that can't tell if I'm being serious or not. Please don't take everything that I say so seriously, as I often joke around.

Like I said, I'll give people a little shit, but it's all in good fun. Music is something that I'm very passionate about and I'll try to avoid any argument here. I've been in plenty of those in the past that have dealt with music. I almost enjoy it when somebody tells me they don't like my music. I'm not listening to it because it's the "in" thing to do.

Also, a lot of what I listen to is less-than-commercial, or "underground," but nevertheless, almost all of it is done with good production, sound quality and so fourth. It's just that most of what I listen to does not end up on the radio being played repeatedly throughout the day. I like bands that make the type of music that they do because they like it and remain true to themselves and the spirit of music in doing so. The music means so much more because the musicians have such passion in writing and playing their music.

I can't f'n stand the radio.

Just to put a generous offer on the table for some of you out there, if you are curious enough about any of the bands I've listed, let me know and I'll see about burning some of it for you if you're down. Let me know.

Last edited:

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
i like rock, alittle rap. as for country, i will embrace it's genocide. Ra, The Blank Theory, Bush, Soungarden(the stuff most "Soundgarden fans" would have heard of, btw, where do i find the other stuff?), Crystal Method, Tiesto, A pirfect Circle, Offspring, Smashing Pumpkins. i dont care if thats the "popular" music, i like it all the same. i never really was such a hardcore music guy to go out and find the underground bands on my own. there is some good stuff out there though.