What kind of tach signal does the factory tach need to see?

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hey guys, Im looking to temporarily hook up my factory tach, but I need to feed it a tach signal from my aem. So my question is, what type of signal does the factory tach need to see? Right now my AEM is setup for COPS configured in wasted spark. I still have to look into what type of signal the aem can output, so ill have a look at that next to determine if this is even possible or not right now.

Just a side note, I have zero factory wiring in the car right now, its all completely new. Car is 2j swapped running on an aem v1 right now.

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
Sorry to bump a dead thread but did you ever get the factory tach to work with a signal from the AEM? I am running 1zz-fe COP with built in ignitors and v2 on my 7m. So there is no output from the ignitor other then the 6 individual IGF signals at the coils.

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
No problem. One thing I ended up doing was running the ig signal wire at the datalink connector and the tach wire also there sincey wiring is far from stock and has a lot of loose wire tied up differently. When I have time I will see if I can figure it out for the v1 7m plug and play.