What kind of sway bar?

obdriver6

Mar 2, 2011
las Vegas
About 6 months ago I bough some blue aftermarket sway bars out of a supra in the jy. They were definitely thicker and heavier that the OEM ones and came with poly bushings so I didn't really care what brand they were. Well a couple weeks ago I came across some ST sway bars that were in a supra my dad bought. Well, after looking at the ST bars, I noticed that there's a plate welded at each end for the end links which the blue ones don't have. What I'm wondering is if the blue ones are better that the ST's for not have that plate? or does any one who makes the blue ones?

The blue "unknow" sway bars.
7342083916_f163bb1c1b_c.jpg

7156880555_6993f79da8_c.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Does Addco do sway bars for our cars? I thought they did blue... I know Tanabe uses red, Whiteline = ?, stock is black, having a hard time thinking of the other company that does sways for our cars.

obdriver6

Mar 2, 2011
las Vegas
hvyman;1849531 said:
I moved it for you as you will get more views here.
Thanks, I thought I did something wrong and it got erased! lol
te72;1849970 said:
Does Addco do sway bars for our cars? I thought they did blue... I know Tanabe uses red, Whiteline = ?, stock is black, having a hard time thinking of the other company that does sways for our cars.
I think addco's are black or grey, not sure. Whiteline's are gray with yellow bushings. At first I thought it was tokico cause they have the same shade of blue but I later found out that they don't make sway bars. The only brand that makes blue sway bars that I know of is cusco but they don't make them for the MK3 supra and its not the same blue. :dunno:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
It's likely they've been modified from the factory color, or... maybe Ford Racing made a part or two for our cars? :p

obdriver6

Mar 2, 2011
las Vegas
Poodles;1850221 said:
Whiteline is silver.

Really no idea, though they match your dampeners quite well...
Thats why I thought they were tokicos. lol
dmp316;1850249 said:
i know ST make blues ones like those years ago. i had them on my old B13 SER
Do you have pics of them?
supraguy@aol;1850251 said:
Someone may have simply had them powdercoated to match their tockico's. They could be ST's.
Maybe but they don't look like the ST sways bars I have.
te72;1850316 said:
It's likely they've been modified from the factory color, or... maybe Ford Racing made a part or two for our cars? :p
Could be but Ford making toyota part! :runaway:

obdriver6

Mar 2, 2011
las Vegas
^^ I was looking at those and the color matches but Im not sure if they made them for the supra.

Can the members that have aftermarket sway bars other than ST's take pics and post them here?