what have u beaten while stock?

88SupraTurbo

Apr 17, 2005
so far actual close races that ive only won by about a car length or 2 are: my friends 98 honda accord auto v6... those cars hook up very quick and he was speed shifting it and my other friends 95 - 98 manual sunfire gt with intake and exhaust... he stayed with my rear bumper until i shifted into fourth and then i really started to pull ahead.

baodownbia

May 30, 2005
houston, tx
i'm guessing all of u had stock turbo though rite? yea cuz i got me 90 supra that was turbo for a few days until it broke on me so now i'm n/a and wondering what other cars i could take...

88SupraTurbo

Apr 17, 2005
GrimJack said:
He was speed shifting an auto? How do you do that, just keep both hands on the wheel? ;)

haha ya i kinda got speed shifting and power shifting messed up but ya he just started out in 1st and put it to the floor and then i think at about 6000rpms he would bump it up a gear

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
baodownbia said:
i'm guessing all of u had stock turbo though rite? yea cuz i got me 90 supra that was turbo for a few days until it broke on me so now i'm n/a and wondering what other cars i could take...

thats sucks you would be able too take some cars but I know you wouldnt be able too take a N/A supra there more high compressed I would buy a new ct26 or the rebuild kit

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
I have yet to find out on mine Im goign to race my friends 2001 honda Prelude soon and when i raced him in my n/a i lost by 2 car lengths so we will c how i do in my 90 turbo. also plan on racing my friends 1987 rx-7 non turbo but he was dead even with my n/a and also want to race a black integra GS in town. My car isn't totally stock does have a K&N filter and a 3 inch downpipe(wich connects to the stock exuasht and catlatic converter) but i doubt thoses mods even add any power :dunno:

$pecialk91Turbo

Apr 10, 2005
Tampa
I raced my friends old 87 turbo2 RX7 when my car was bone stock. All he had was a K&N. We were absolutely dead even off the line. (I didn't power brake and he had a 5-speed) I would just barely pull on him every time he shifted though.

sirkus

May 12, 2005
Cartersville, Ga
itsholdingon.tk
my old rx7 was n/a and I used to think it was quick. Untill I lost to a dodge caravan.. :(
I mainly hunt for hondas when I want to feel better about myself. My friend has a 97 Prelude sh and he always tried to get me to race him. Well, He's 5 spd and I still beat him with my automatic. And I've noticed that we can keep up with mustangs and camaro's.. if they're stock. But the best thing I love about the back of the supra's (atleast the turbo models), is the little badge that makes people question if they should or not.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
lol Na RX7s are slow like really slow, now the 13b TT is nice but NA is slow. ok u get the point.
and every 4 cylinder economy car on the road. couple of rustangs and plenty of camaros. and u have an NA u said, they are fast but they cant best a turbo. :(

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
slow or not a semi stock mkIII will beat pretty much any other stock import that isnt TT.
and most v6 american cars that are stock. beyond that who the hell knows, asnwering this question is like trying to describe a color.

$pecialk91Turbo

Apr 10, 2005
Tampa
americanjebus said:
slow or not a semi stock mkIII will beat pretty much any other stock import that isnt TT.
and most v6 american cars that are stock.

Not anymore... Other cars are making more and more power from the factory.. it sucks. I need to keep modding just to keep up. Of course the MKIII is cooler than all of them.

232hp in a 3600-3800lb car is not fast by any means. The cool thing about the 7M is the "bottled up" horsepower.. just a few simple mods and you are doing pretty damn good.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Everyone I raced I beat (including Vipers and NSXs).

Everyone that beat me I wasn't racing (including Hondas).

Yes... this was when I was stock

Keith

baodownbia

May 30, 2005
houston, tx
yeah i'm thinking bout puttin on a new ct26..or do u think i should get an old one? and do you guys notice a big difference in mpg between turbo and n/a?