What Else Should I Do??

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
So i got my Tax Return, and its all goin into basically a suspension and steering overhaul. So far I have ordered:

-Inner and outer tie rod ends
-Lower Ball joints
-Energy suspension control arm bushings
-Eibach Prokits
-SS brake lines

I already have tokico illumina's, which are going to have to do till i can afford bilsteins all around. Also, i have been looking for, but unable to find Rack mount bushings. My Sway Bar Bushings look good, but they are the stock mushy shits. Should i hunt down some poly sway bar bushings too?

Now my question...While I'm Doing all this, what else should i do? My goal is to really tighten up my steering, and get a nice firm rattle free daily ride.

Open to any input.

-Trevor

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Dont make the mistake of asking other people to spend your money for you. Because if you're buying, I could really help you build a sweet supra;)

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
2543arvin;1287965 said:
Dont make the mistake of asking other people to spend your money for you. Because if you're buying, I could really help you build a sweet supra;)

Not like i'm handing you my wallet, but if some people out there know of something else that would be easy to do while i've got all this stuff apart, it would be very helpful down the road. Especially if its something small that makes a big difference.

Shaeff; said:
Ronnie K bushings.

When you say Ronnie K's, do you mean that i should have gotten those instead of the energy suspensions? or there's more that should be done?

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
ronnieK for the rack mount bushings. For the price of sway bar bushings, you may as well get a new set of sway bars which will include poly bushings.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
mischief7m;1287986 said:
When you say Ronnie K's, do you mean that i should have gotten those instead of the energy suspensions? or there's more that should be done?

Forgot to reply to this... oops!

No, the ES bushings are fine. :) I was just saying bushings in general, really. A full suspension/bushing refresh would really keep the car on it's toes, along with an alignment.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
zambini;1293316 said:
how is your rack and pinion/ ps pump?

while youre down there you could swap in a 1uz or something. maybe TT it. :p

You talking about the entire steering setup, rack and pinion alone or the pump alone?

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
as in, is the car still fitted with the original ps pump and rack? couple things that tend to poop out over 20 years... rack starts popping and getting sloppy. pumps start leaking. pulleys get sloppy and fall off in extreme cases (for real, first hand knowledge here :/)

also, the soft line from the pump to the reservoir can get brittle and crack causing leaks if it hasnt been replaced, which is a relatively cheap thing to replace, as well as the oldschool hose clamps there.. just thinking of the things ive gone through with my car that sound like they fall along the same line as the things OP is thinking about here.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
zambini;1293450 said:
as in, is the car still fitted with the original ps pump and rack? couple things that tend to poop out over 20 years... rack starts popping and getting sloppy. pumps start leaking. pulleys get sloppy and fall off in extreme cases (for real, first hand knowledge here :/)

also, the soft line from the pump to the reservoir can get brittle and crack causing leaks if it hasnt been replaced, which is a relatively cheap thing to replace, as well as the oldschool hose clamps there.. just thinking of the things ive gone through with my car that sound like they fall along the same line as the things OP is thinking about here.

I was referring to your replacement suggestion, I understand what it would replace. I haven't heard of the swap you mentioned before.

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
Guyana00;1293459 said:
I was referring to your replacement suggestion, I understand what it would replace. I haven't heard of the swap you mentioned before.

if youre referring to my 1uz tt comment, that was total sarcasm!

edit:

if youve never heard of the 1uz swap, it isnt very common what so ever, but there is a member on here that has a build thread. check it out in the build/gallery section. hes got videos, etc. its awesome!