What do you pay a month for your house (FL, GA, SC)?

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
So, I might be separating from the Air Force come September and the Wife and I are wanting to move south (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina). I'm trying to find out what kind of monthly mortage you guys down south pay and the size of the house. Up here in NJ, the pricing is outrageous for a very small house. Plus, it gets too damn cold for me.

Basically I'm trying to get an idea as to what I can afford when I get out. And if at all possible, maybe show me what your house looks like from the outside. Don't worry, I'm not going to come rob you. I'm too noisy and retarded to get away with it :).

I really appreciate it everyone and thanks for looking.

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
Yeah, NJ is a ripoff. Taxes are crazy.
The answer you are looking for depends on what the rates are when you get your loan, and the amount.
I would suggest figuring out how much you can afford per month, that will tell you how much of a loan you can get, again depending on the current interest rate. From there, start looking in that price range, or somewhat higher. Housing prices are still inflated. A house that is listed for 350k, might sell for 250 (round numbers.)
It's all about timing. Get yourself pre approved, so when you find what you want, you can submit an offer that will be hard for them to turn down. I usually try to do a one month contract, instead of the standard three. The best deals are found when people get desperate to sell, and you can solve their problems quickly.
Good luck
Dave

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
AF1JZ;889123 said:
And if at all possible, maybe show me what your house looks like from the outside. Don't worry, I'm not going to come rob you. I'm too noisy and retarded to get away with it :).

I really appreciate it everyone and thanks for looking.

He won't rob you, but I might. On with the pics.

Don't forget address and normal working hours. :kloguck:

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
My uncle has a house in new smyrna beach, FL, its single floor 3 BR/2BA witha big living room, 2 car garage and a big yard and his mortgage is 1200 a month. It comes out to about 2000 though after ALL the bills. Total live in cost, taxes, util, all that. This pic is when he first got, its the house with the for sale sign and my mr2 in the driveway. Pretty sweet neighborhood too.

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e314/isphius/Neat Photos/?action=view&current=SL030184.jpg

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I've been watching this. Thanks guys for who have let me know. I know there are more homeowners down that way that want to chime in.

So far, it's looking pretty good for me price wise. I just found out the other day that there is a good chance that I'll be getting disability for the severe sleep apnea I have. The disability is 50% of my base pay. My pay is $2400/month.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
macjac69;891204 said:
How do you get DOD to pay for your inability to sleep? I need to jump in on this!!

I haven't yet since I'm still active duty. When I separate though, I'll be applying for it through the VA.