What do you guys shave with? (gals too if you wish)

So what do you slice with?

• Total voters

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
GrimJack;1132406 said:
Dude, wtf? You shave with COLD water. I thought everyone knew this. Cold water, against the grain, don't take too many passes, and use a SHARP razor. Wash your face after.

HOT water. Softens the hair up considerably. ideally a steam towel. But time constrains hot water.

Trust me. Cold water makes the hair a bit tough, yes even for a super sharp straight blade that pops hair off on touching the hair.

That is one thing I have learned. Any bad habits will be quickly discovered under a straight razor as the usual prize for bad habits learned through disposable razor is a nice gash on the face.. lol

I do exactly three passes.

One with the grain, 2nd at a 90 degree intersect of the grain and the final pass against the grain. Skin nice a stretched.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
figgie;1132417 said:
HOT water. Softens the hair up considerably. ideally a steam towel. But time constrains hot water.

Trust me. Cold water makes the hair a bit tough, yes even for a super sharp straight blade that pops hair off on touching the hair.

That is one thing I have learned. Any bad habits will be quickly discovered under a straight razor as the usual prize for bad habits learned through disposable razor is a nice gash on the face.. lol

I do exactly three passes.

One with the grain, 2nd at a 90 degree intersect of the grain and the final pass against the grain. Skin nice a stretched.

I agree, hot water while shaving and then cold afterwards. All the old tyme barbers have that nice warmed shaving cream too.

When I use the mach3 I do first pass with grain, 2nd pass against the grain.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
Anyone try that Fusion Power thing? With the batteries?

I haven't really looked into it but what does it do? Does it vibrate? Shave your facial (or any other) hair for you? What?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I used the Gilette Sensor before the Mach3 came out. I used the Mach3 for many years. I tried a straight razor for a little bit, but it tore my face up. Then my wife got me one of those Braun electrics that you put in a cradle and it auto-cleans. It lasted awhile, but I think it screwed up on my last deployment before I separated. Now I use a Remington trimmer/groomer, because there's no need for a close shave anymore - I just need to keep it all in a decent "shape".

P.S. For many people, it takes a few weeks for your face to get used to an electric. After that happens though, it's easier to shave and it doesn't tear you up

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
i usually let it grow out a little due to laziness then i say man i should really shave and shave. i use a mach 3 turbo as for the shaving gel i use edge with aloe for sensitive skin works pretty good :]

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Not much facial hair here, so it's MachIII for me. I've got a sweet blue one. I've been thinking of putting underglow and 20's on it. I'll be rollin' mad tight then, bitchz.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
shaeff;1133180 said:
Not much facial hair here, so it's MachIII for me. I've got a sweet blue one. I've been thinking of putting underglow and 20's on it. I'll be rollin' mad tight then, bitchz.

LOL, WTF is with all the new razors turning into pimped out rides?

The new 47 bladed, MachXXIII, now with a big fuggin wing for more down force to help you fk your face up even more.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
electrics = ftmfw! i hade blades and had a rotary electric before but im digging the microcreen i have now. no fuss, no muss! now i just need to figure how to hook up some better batteries to it and ill be ok.... wonder if some Lipos from my R/C car would work? 11.1v's is enough to shave with right?