What do you guys shave with? (gals too if you wish)

So what do you slice with?

• Total voters

wade3570

Jan 7, 2007
tallahassee, florida
am i really reading all of this right? i mean, it's a hoot and all, but this a thread about razors...really? i thought this was a car site. ya know, engines & grease & big turbos & going fast & lookin good doing it.......oh, now i see where razors come into play...the looking good part. geez.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Fusion. I hate it, I get in-growns, cuts, burns.

I shave when I get out of the shower like most people. I usually wet a hand-towel with really hot water and wrap it around my face where Im going to shave, for like 30 seconds. Then I wet my face down more, then apply Nivea shaving cream. Then shave.

Any suggestions for me? I think I need to finally break down and get an electric.

wade3570;1132245 said:
am i really reading all of this right? i mean, it's a hoot and all, but this a thread about razors...really? i thought this was a car site. ya know, engines & grease & big turbos & going fast & lookin good doing it.......oh, now i see where razors come into play...the looking good part. geez.

Just take a crazy guess at what "off-topic" means... Do it. :naughty:

super7mgtepower

Apr 2, 2008
Lawton, OK
wade3570;1132245 said:

Hey your getting off topic beard man.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
Figit090;1132105 said:
and an epilator? holy shit! i didn't know they existed but they look damned painful!
[thumb]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ce/Epileertoestel_dichtbij.JPG/800px-Epileertoestel_dichtbij.JPG[/thumb]

Ahahaha, I've used those things before... looking for something that wouldn't upset my sensitive skin as much as shaving or waxing... used it on my legs. Its okay once your tortured body parts go numb which takes about 5 minutes... until then it is quite painful. I also could not imagine using it anywhere else :aigo: But I have to say the skin did stay smooth for a long time.

Now I mostly use Mach 3 Turbo. I pretty much gave up trying to please my skin.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
I also have incredibly sensitive skin, to the point where I have to use non-detergent style soaps (i.e. the bars of soap that cost like $5 each). I've found that after I shave, if I use a higher quality lotion on my legs, or Neosporin on *other* places, I can use whatever shaving gel I want. I can't use anything with less than 3 blades though. :(

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Currently I shave with a triple blade razor and i use various soaps or creams that i apply with a badger bristle brush. I have sensitive skin so i've honed whats right for me over time as well as following up with a good aftershave balm.

When i get to atlanta or vegas i like to go to art of shaving and get a nice straight razor shave and hot towel.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
Ive only shaved once in like 15 years. Upon request from an old gf who had....um...sensitive skin.(please don't make me explain that one).

Wahl trimmer. Although lately i've been considering going zztop style.

truck driving and shaving is pita

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Does anyone know where to get electric blades(triple rotary) for cheap? My norelco goes through them kinda quick, I end up usually buying a whole new razor. Its like double the price but I get a brand new one that holds a charge longer etc and give my old one away.

Id like to just buy blades if theres a good cheap source...

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Mach 3 disposable..works pretty well unless i havnt shaved in 2 weeks.

Anyone tried that razor blade sharpener thats on the infomercials?

greg88

May 14, 2005
Lowell, Arkansas, United States
I still have the free Mach3 that Gillette sent on my 18th birthday. Did anybody else get one of those? A few months ago, for no reason, I got another free razor in the mail from Shick. I wish I could grow a mountain man beard but my facial hair is really weak.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
TurboFreak;1132250 said:
Fusion. I hate it, I get in-growns, cuts, burns.

I shave when I get out of the shower like most people. I usually wet a hand-towel with really hot water and wrap it around my face where Im going to shave, for like 30 seconds. Then I wet my face down more, then apply Nivea shaving cream. Then shave.

Any suggestions for me? I think I need to finally break down and get an electric.

Just take a crazy guess at what "off-topic" means... Do it. :naughty:
Dude, wtf? You shave with COLD water. I thought everyone knew this. Cold water, against the grain, don't take too many passes, and use a SHARP razor. Wash your face after.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Hot Water and a single blade Bic disposable. All you need to do is cut a little hair. The rest of all the products have you all fooled with advertising. I have sensitive skin, but none of the high priced shit does any better. As long as I don't go over 2 days without shaving, the cheap Bics are fine. I use them for about 2 weeks, and get another.