What did you do to your supra today? Pics

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
BabylonDown;1992757 said:
Love the colour. Easily my favourite colour on a Supra. With the tinted lights all around, I weep Unicorn tears of joy.

hahaha. i love the unicorn tears. and thanks. I'm repainting the whole thing this fall (same color) but going much further as far as probably dropping the sub-frame with motor and trans. doing the bay. sound deadening interior painting/dying/reupholstering, and repolishing engine components. so asthetics, it'll be show quality. and while the motor is out i'm throwing on the big single :D

BabylonDown

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
bluebullet89;1992772 said:
hahaha. i love the unicorn tears. and thanks. I'm repainting the whole thing this fall (same color) but going much further as far as probably dropping the sub-frame with motor and trans. doing the bay. sound deadening interior painting/dying/reupholstering, and repolishing engine components. so asthetics, it'll be show quality. and while the motor is out i'm throwing on the big single :D

Cant wait to see some progress pictures.

In the meantime, do you have any close up pictures of the rear tails and markers? What tint did you use? Was it spray on or a film?

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
BabylonDown;1992785 said:
Cant wait to see some progress pictures.

In the meantime, do you have any close up pictures of the rear tails and markers? What tint did you use? Was it spray on or a film?

I scotch-brited the lights and markers and then mixed some straight black basecoat with clearcoat and sprayed all the lights in a booth.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
How well can your taillights and brake lights be seen through the tint? I know a lot of the cars I see here are so dark that you can't even tell when they are braking.

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
ya my buddy who actually sprayed them laid too many coats down and made them darker than i was hoping but you can still see everything just fine. brake light, turn signal, markers. the only one i need to do is throw in some superbright LED's for the backup lights then i'll be golden.

BabylonDown

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
bluebullet89;1992804 said:
ya my buddy who actually sprayed them laid too many coats down and made them darker than i was hoping but you can still see everything just fine. brake light, turn signal, markers. the only one i need to do is throw in some superbright LED's for the backup lights then i'll be golden.

Ever thought of masking off the backup lights to keep the white for contrast or do you think you would prefer the way you have them now?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I have LED lights all around from superbright and I absolutely love them it has that stock look but the brightness and response of LEDs because they are LEDs lol. Only annoying thing about going LEDs is getting the flasher fuse, which isn't that bad to replace, and jumping the lamp failure module so you don't have that dash light. I have LEDs inside and out with the corresponding colors, for example, red LEDs for the tails, amber for the turn signals, red for the courtesy door lights, and cool white for the interior and reverse light. I love just staring at my lights through the mirror reflecting off of a building behind me.

BabylonDown

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
Doat;1992808 said:
I have LED lights all around from superbright and I absolutely love them it has that stock look but the brightness and response of LEDs because they are LEDs lol. Only annoying thing about going LEDs is getting the flasher fuse, which isn't that bad to replace, and jumping the lamp failure module so you don't have that dash light. I have LEDs inside and out with the corresponding colors, for example, red LEDs for the tails, amber for the turn signals, red for the courtesy door lights, and cool white for the interior and reverse light. I love just staring at my lights through the mirror reflecting off of a building behind me.

I officially hate you... :D That is a distant future project I would like to tackle, but don't keep my hopes up.

Anyone have any pics of 89+ tails tinted with film? Seems like an easy and decent way to go?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Where is the flasher fuse on our cars? Also any pictures of the interior with white lights? I'm thinking about getting white for my interior lights as well.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
BabylonDown;1992809 said:
I officially hate you... :D That is a distant future project I would like to tackle, but don't keep my hopes up.

Anyone have any pics of 89+ tails tinted with film? Seems like an easy and decent way to go?
It's not expensive well getting all of the bulbs does add up pretty quick but BE SURE to get the bulbs that have studs at the same height on both sides I accidentally got bulbs with offset studs and wondered why the hell they were not going in. I would call them up while ordering so you can be sure to get the right ones.
Silver MK3;1992810 said:
Where is the flasher fuse on our cars? Also any pictures of the interior with white lights? I'm thinking about getting white for my interior lights as well.
The fuse is inside the cabin under the hood release you gotta crawl in there and remove the kicker panel and it's a pretty big fuse in the top right area of the fuse box it was not fun to get out I resorted to sort of just ripping the fucker out but didn't damage anything lol. I thought I took pics of my lights but I'll take some tonight in an hour or so since I gotta go to an ATM anyway.

I got the LED flasher fuse from advance auto parts I am sure they have it at autozone too but I prefer to go to advance lol. I just took the old fuse with me and compared it. If you do jump the lamp failure module I'd suggest soldering and heat shrink the wires it's just better to do anyway.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Here are the pics, camera makes my tail lights look really bright but it's not like that. I wish the interior dome light faded like they did with the stock bulbs with the LEDs it sort of flickers as it dims then shuts off but not really a big deal doesn't bother me anymore but would be nice if it faded like the old bulbs.
12807946285_67d894d756_b.jpg

12807949455_23005bdcfb_b.jpg

12808357334_c9b09982cd_b.jpg

BabylonDown

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
Doat;1992817 said:
Here are the pics, camera makes my tail lights look really bright but it's not like that. I wish the interior dome light faded like they did with the stock bulbs with the LEDs it sort of flickers as it dims then shuts off but not really a big deal doesn't bother me anymore but would be nice if it faded like the old bulbs.
12807946285_67d894d756_b.jpg

12807949455_23005bdcfb_b.jpg

12808357334_c9b09982cd_b.jpg

NSFW... Too sexy for this forum.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Looks good Doat. When you said interior light I was thinking the gauges, not the dome light, but that looks good as well. Your dome light should still fade a little and then shut off. I actually added some LED foot well lighting on both sides. It fades a little and then goes out, not entirely like stock but I like it. I might have a video of that, it was fairly cheap and I think it gives the car a more modern look.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea that's exactly what I mean it does fade a bit but flickers a little while it does it. I thought about replacing the gauge cluster and such with LEDs but I kind of want to preserve that OEM look. If I can find green LEDs that would be cool lol. LED foot well lights would be cool too. It is annoying when the lights for the A/C and recirculating button go out and you gotta flick them to get them to come back on seems to be a problem with Lexus/Toyota units I've seen it happen to my friend's GS300.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;1992827 said:
Yea that's exactly what I mean it does fade a bit but flickers a little while it does it. I thought about replacing the gauge cluster and such with LEDs but I kind of want to preserve that OEM look. If I can find green LEDs that would be cool lol. LED foot well lights would be cool too. It is annoying when the lights for the A/C and recirculating button go out and you gotta flick them to get them to come back on seems to be a problem with Lexus/Toyota units I've seen it happen to my friend's GS300.

Yeah, me too. That's why I haven't replaced the gauge cluster lights. They make green LEDs but I think they are a different shade of green. All of my AC lights still work. It seems to me that Toyotas have problems with the lights on the cars with the circular knobs for A/C and heater controls. My mom's 4Runner had some of these burn out, my Dad's 4Runner and his Tacoma also, and a friends Camry has all of these burnt out. I guess its good we don't have these. :)

I love my foot well lights. I got an adapter that plugs into the factory drivers side one, then a splitter so I could run it over to the passenger side also. Then some LED strips plug into the ends. Surprisingly a lot of people notice them.