What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I am jealous mine feels like it will snap if I go over a hard bump and the dashboard/front end slides away from me while I am still sitting in my seat with the back half of the car.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I don't feel that way.. going over railroad tracks the first time was shocking with how much the dash moved, but I'm confident that Toyota knew what they were doing when they built this car lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
I agree with the both of you. However, I kinda feel like we have been kinda spoiled with how the newer technology in cars today are. I do notice a massive difference when the top is off vs on but on the other hand, Toyota must have known what they were doing, right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Doat, I have stock bushings again, but bilsteins and eibachs.

And pyro, YOU may have been spoiled, but poor people like me havent been! :p

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Backlash, the only spoiling I've received was the feel times I drove a friend's m3 or STi. The cars I was used to driving required pumping the throttle to set the choke or bungee cording the passenger door so it wouldn't fly open. Those other cars showed me what technology really CAN do. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss...

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Pyro15D;1992061 said:
Backlash, the only spoiling I've received was the feel times I drove a friend's m3 or STi. The cars I was used to driving required pumping the throttle to set the choke or bungee cording the passenger door so it wouldn't fly open. Those other cars showed me what technology really CAN do. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss...

I guess I was thinking from the late 80s compared to current.. Rather than carbureted days and such. Haha

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Here was the exact car. Doesn't look like much but damn was she fun!
yzepyhyp.jpg

The old carbureted vehicle I was talking about was this, my old 69 Mustang.
je9ujuqu.jpg

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
They were, I had to sell the mustang before I wanted though. The previous owner had it painted on the cheap and it was beginning to show. I had to get rid of it while it was still worth something! The Subaru was definitely a blast though. Always begging to be driven just a little bit harder.

Communistwookie

Jul 5, 2013
Dallas, TX
barrowlights;1992041 said:
I just bought my first Supra on Friday (1987 turbo with 1989 taillights and trim) and I've never had so much fun driving before in my life. Today, I took the top off for the first time and drove it down some of my favorite roads near NC 107 to make sure this MAF-T translator's set up right. It's a little fiddly, but idles and cruises better now.

I do think there might be a vac leak as well -- I went up an inclined approach to a hairpin, let off the throttle and into the clutch, aaaaand it stalled out. Did the same approaching a red light on an incline, and again when leaving my friend's house on an incline. (Not an ideal problem to have in the mountains -- inclines errwhere.)

Otherwise, I love this freaking car and I'm looking forward to keeping up the work on it!

View attachment 71888

Did you buy the car from some one in Charlotte?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Pyro15D;1992072 said:
They were, I had to sell the mustang before I wanted though. The previous owner had it painted on the cheap and it was beginning to show. I had to get rid of it while it was still worth something! The Subaru was definitely a blast though. Always begging to be driven just a little bit harder.

Nice Mustang, that style right there is probably my favorite of all Mustangs. My dad has a 69 Torino GT. 1969 was a good year for Fords.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Pyro15D;1992085 said:
Thanks! I loved that car. 351w, perfect interior, had everything but a fastback and manual.

Yeah with a fastback and manual that car would be perfect. I like the color of it too.