What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I changed my head gasket with ARP studs to 90ft lbs and I replaced my CPS thinking that was my oil leak but turns it wasn't. I thought the CT26's limit is 15psi or so?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Took her to the track tonight, nothing broke surprisingly but the clutch isn't very happy. My first run I couldn't get into second and third ran a 15.9 quarter mile and my second run I had a bad launch ran a 15.5 but this was the result of my third and final run.
1457688_10201058832615165_1102664166_n.jpg

I was determined to at least break 15s, launch was good, shifts were good and the Ford Lightening next to me was spinning up half way down the track and I beat him. I was already happy that I beat a lightning that didn't hook but after the run my friend text me my time and I yelled out as I was going to get my time slip. If I kept going I could get into low 14s but I was exhausted and the track was going to close soon also I didn't want to fry my clutch, which I need to replace again now lol time for an upgrade.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Hmm. I would expect better numbers but I guess your still on stock turbo. Weird though if your outrunning a new sti. I'm pretty sure they run 13s

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
I know my 87 hardtop would run close to a 13 flat on stock turbo and shitty tires

right now this is in my targa (stock turbo, fuel, ecu, 10psi) http://www.supramania.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70826&d=1384483825

I did the math and putting this into my hardtop (500+ lb weight savings) + switching to 3.91 rear end instead of 3.73 would be equivalent to adding 75 hp to the targa chassis.

seems like with those numbers doat is running a targa. that'd be my guess anyhow

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
7M4EVR;1975633 said:
Hmm. I would expect better numbers but I guess your still on stock turbo. Weird though if your outrunning a new sti. I'm pretty sure they run 13s
My problem was launching I could not get my brain to tell my foot to let off of the clutch slowly to roll hard off of the line everything in me was thinking, "Drop the clutch drop the clutch rev high and drop the clutch" but I know I'd just spin up if I did that. On the last run I finally got close to rolling hard off of the line but I can dip into the 13s if I tried hard enough with a better clutch.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea that was the problem I had I am sitting there holding revs at about 2-2500k and everything tells me to dump the clutch and it's that fight of dumping the clutch and rolling off that made me bog down hard in my second run.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I'm grabbing some video I took of my last outing with one of my best launches, a disappointing 11.7 with a pretty good 1.662 60'. No great shakes for hardcore drag guys, but I was satisfied with it since I kept on improving every run. Problem I had was the engine was losing power through the run, and running slower than the previous day which was at the lower power setting. Frustrated, but feeling good about the launches!

It's processing currently, but here's the last run of the weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnuRJDPq584&feature=youtu.be

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
I started working on mine again after a...3-4 year recess.
Managed to store it that long and hold on to it after moving across the country twice.
Not bad...

Looking forward to posting lots of WTB threads. :D

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
toyotanos;1975657 said:
I'm grabbing some video I took of my last outing with one of my best launches, a disappointing 11.7 with a pretty good 1.662 60'. No great shakes for hardcore drag guys, but I was satisfied with it since I kept on improving every run. Problem I had was the engine was losing power through the run, and running slower than the previous day which was at the lower power setting. Frustrated, but feeling good about the launches!

It's processing currently, but here's the last run of the weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnuRJDPq584&feature=youtu.be
Nice man did you have drag radials or something? I am on street tires, so that also slowed me down but I didn't spin or anything. My friend was able to upload the video here it is from the grand stand view.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlrneoDE-Cs

It's surreal watching that video of me doing a run since I've never raced at a track before. My clutch was slipping that night but today I put it in 5th at like 30mph and floored it and the revs held steady it didn't jump or anything I guess it was just really hot also this morning as I was backing out of my driveway and I started braking and the car vibrated pretty badly then it was normal I guess when it was hot and then cooled down overnight it sort of formed a layer on the pads.

Last edited: