What did you do to your supra today? Pics

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
oh i nearly forgot i need to either borrow a torque wrench or get my 150ft/lb calibrated. I was able to do my 30 and 60 ft/lbs with a smaller torque wrench but i don't have anything calibrated that goes up to 90. that's what's been making me drag my ass a bit

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
What do you guys think my grey car would look like with a 92 mk3 brand new burgandy leather interior. Found one in storage since 92. Only thing mission is the Pillars and headliner. Perfect leather and steering wheel...

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Grandavi;1976116 said:
What do you guys think my grey car would look like with a 92 mk3 brand new burgandy leather interior. Found one in storage since 92. Only thing mission is the Pillars and headliner. Perfect leather and steering wheel...

I think the burgundy interior is beautiful when in good shape. Mine is nearly mint and I love it. It only looks bad when it is all faded and nasty. Mine is also in a silver car so not much different than a grey car.

Is it the whole car that has been in storage or just the interior?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
^^ I agree, I normally don't like the burgundy color but when it's mint it looks good. I have been thinking about changing my interior to all black or wrapping my seats in the dark blue leather.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
A mechanic working at a Toyota Dealership bought a rolled over (totalled) 92 mk3 for the drivetrain. Another mechanic bought the entire interior except dash, pillars and headliner off of him. It's all been neatly stored since that day, so the interior is in effect brand new. One of those rare finds, so I'm considering going burgandy leather. It even has the seat belts.

If course there is minor differences in the interior that may give me issues because mine is a 88..

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
That my friend is snow.. lots and lots of snow... lol. Dan lives 3 hours north from me and they got hit good. You kinda have to use your mind's eye to picture the roof... because you can see the spoiler.

Some people up this way think that they can drive Supras for winter. It can be done, but it does indeed take skill and our roads are not pleasant on the car due to salt. If your not really good at driving these, you end up in the ditch. Even if your really good, the back end likes to come around a bit.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Grandavi;1976180 said:
That my friend is snow.. lots and lots of snow... lol. Dan lives 3 hours north from me and they got hit good. You kinda have to use your mind's eye to picture the roof... because you can see the spoiler.

Some people up this way think that they can drive Supras for winter. It can be done, but it does indeed take skill and our roads are not pleasant on the car due to salt. If your not really good at driving these, you end up in the ditch. Even if your really good, the back end likes to come around a bit.

Very very true. I consider myself pretty good at controlling traction and what not.. and I drove my n/a supra in like an inch of snow.. 5th gear, 1500 rpm.. half throttle for fun and I was sideways lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Personally I enjoy it, but wont do my 88 on our roads simply due to the salt. But I grew up driving rear wheel in snow, so its very natural to me. I freak out more in a front wheel drive actually because they are soooo much harder to correct after losing your steering.
At least with a rear wheel, I am used to my options. Swing in.. swing out... crash... one of those 3.. lol.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I figured it was a Supra but couldn't tell lol Down here in Texas we don't see much snow we get lucky if we get half an inch of snow.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Grandavi;1976149 said:
A mechanic working at a Toyota Dealership bought a rolled over (totalled) 92 mk3 for the drivetrain. Another mechanic bought the entire interior except dash, pillars and headliner off of him. It's all been neatly stored since that day, so the interior is in effect brand new. One of those rare finds, so I'm considering going burgandy leather. It even has the seat belts.

If course there is minor differences in the interior that may give me issues because mine is a 88..

That sounds like a good deal.
This is really the only picture I have of my interior since I got the new Ebrake boot, shift boot, and armrest cover. Everything is original except the radio and TRD shift knob.

From the outside looking in.

Dan_Gyoba;1976170 said:

I thought... Maybe not today.

Looks like mine down here in Alabama a couple years ago. We had like 10-12 inches. This shut down the city for over a week. They have no clue how to handle it down here. The good thing is I don't have to worry about them putting salt down here, instead they throw sand on it...

I eventually found it :)

Backlash2032;1976183 said:
Very very true. I consider myself pretty good at controlling traction and what not.. and I drove my n/a supra in like an inch of snow.. 5th gear, 1500 rpm.. half throttle for fun and I was sideways lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had to drive mine about a mile or two home in a snow/ice mixture stuff once. It definitely wanted to slide. especially in the driveway trying to get into the garage.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Damn that interior is mint I want mine to look like that blue leather seats, new panels, speaker grill, arm rest, etc. I want it to look showroom new inside but I don't even think they even have anymore interior pieces.