What did you do to your supra today? Pics

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Weird as fk tho, yesterday when the hard line didn't want to stay tight and leaked oil as my parking deck was next to a home depot i went over to get a 3/8 fitting to by pass the cooler and that shit didn't fit, it was too small. So i got a 1/2 and it worked enough for me to top off oil and drive home. I have 3/8 lines already but i swear now i'm convinced those lines are 1/2" i guess i'll find out later, imma try to run a small section of 3/8 line to the non flatten hard line. Thanks!

Last edited:

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Yea dude, i'm sure it started spitting out oil the night before last, then on my way to work but it rained so there was no way for me to see oil under the car as I parked nose down hill and oil would have ran down under the front end. I came back to the car after work and there was a small puddle of oil...what's left of it. Motor sounded normal as of last night with oil in it. No random sound at all rpm so i'm crossing my fingers that everything was okay and I was able to see it before I had to drive home. Man, i'm sure if I didn't catch it and hit boost all the way home my motor would have gone bye bye.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Bypassed my lamp failure module finally to get rid of the annoying dash light. I found the article on this forum is the correct one I did some research and found a how to on another forum I believe or in a thread on this forum seemed to have an extra step for some reason.

EDIT: Re-read that thread and realized that third step is for the third brake light. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

EDIT 2: Connected the third brake light wire and all of the brake lights work now lol.

Last edited:

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Drained my radiator and filled it with coolant since it was filled with straight water. Taking her to the shop tomorrow morning after work to get a valve stem replaced and I'm going to see if they have time to check over my front suspension parts since my car is eating through the front tires like crazy and last week it started pulling to the left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Know what, now that I look closer at them I guess they're alright. I've never had a set of performance tires before so I'm not used to the shallower tread depth. But if I don't get the alignment taken care if they'll start being eaten up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I got new tires and an alignment done about a month ago but they can't get my steering wheel straight and the car doesn't pull left or right if I let go. Any ideas on what it could be? Like steering bushings or something.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Doat;1971597 said:
I got new tires and an alignment done about a month ago but they can't get my steering wheel straight and the car doesn't pull left or right if I let go. Any ideas on what it could be? Like steering bushings or something.
That's an easy one!
They aligned your car with the steering wheel not centered.
it's the most common complaint for returned alignments. take it back and tell them you want your steering wheel straight

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
atmperformance;1971605 said:
That's an easy one!
They aligned your car with the steering wheel not centered.
it's the most common complaint for returned alignments. take it back and tell them you want your steering wheel straight
I did, I drove it down the street and held the wheel straight and it pulled left I told them and they knew exactly what I was talking about then I waited while they fixed it and I was running short on time before I had to go to work and it was still off. On my day off I went back and they suggested I go to discount tire to rotate my tires because it might be radial drag or whatever, so I did that and went back to them and they said there must be something that needs to be replaced. I didn't want to spend my day off at the shop so I just left and ran my errands. I was thinking it was my bushings or tie rods something like that or take it to a better shop. I have the print out of what they adjusted that shows before and after and what the OE specs are and it's all within spec I guess I'll go to a better shop.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
you can assert yourself to them a bit better. I would argue suspension parts need to be inspected and replaced before an alignment. "radial drag" sounds like they are trying to come up with an excuse to get you to leave. they are probably not keeping your streeing wheel straight during the alignment, there are tools for doing this some work better than others but if you let it stand free it's going to move as you adjust the car. I normally won't pay for the alignment until they allow me to test drive the car and I sign off on it. something you get away with more at a decent place than a cheapie tire store.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Centering the steering wheel isn't hard, but it's something that I expect the shop to do for me. I'd do it myself at that point. If you can let go of the wheel and it doesn't pull to the side, then it's not a big job.

Usually it can be done by driving and observing where the actual center of the steering is. Park the car, keep the wheel in that location, remove it and re-install it centered. That will get to within a close proximity of where it should be, usually as close as it gets, anyway. You can also adjust the intermediate shaft as well, but that's also a splined connection, so it's not infinitely fine. Closer would require adjustment of the tie rod ends, which I wouldn't suggest, but I've always been able to get to as close as I can tell for a straight wheel just pulling it and re-installing it.

I might feel a *little* less confident about doing this so easily if I had airbags, but my cars don't.

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
Finally made the decision to install some HIDs in my Hella E-Code housings. Bought the Phillips 4300k Bi-Xenon kit and my god are they amazing. Nice and bright, pure white color (doesn't attract cops) and nice and focused beam cause of the housings. Just need to adjust them a bit more to get the beam right where I want them but I'm happy.

Eventually I'd like to do projector housings, but that'll be well into the future.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
atmperformance;1971608 said:
you can assert yourself to them a bit better. I would argue suspension parts need to be inspected and replaced before an alignment. "radial drag" sounds like they are trying to come up with an excuse to get you to leave. they are probably not keeping your streeing wheel straight during the alignment, there are tools for doing this some work better than others but if you let it stand free it's going to move as you adjust the car. I normally won't pay for the alignment until they allow me to test drive the car and I sign off on it. something you get away with more at a decent place than a cheapie tire store.
Yea I kind of figured they were just trying to get me to leave when he was talking about radial drag I was like uhh I doubt that would make my steering wheel crooked.
Dan_Gyoba;1971611 said:
Centering the steering wheel isn't hard, but it's something that I expect the shop to do for me. I'd do it myself at that point. If you can let go of the wheel and it doesn't pull to the side, then it's not a big job.

Usually it can be done by driving and observing where the actual center of the steering is. Park the car, keep the wheel in that location, remove it and re-install it centered. That will get to within a close proximity of where it should be, usually as close as it gets, anyway. You can also adjust the intermediate shaft as well, but that's also a splined connection, so it's not infinitely fine. Closer would require adjustment of the tie rod ends, which I wouldn't suggest, but I've always been able to get to as close as I can tell for a straight wheel just pulling it and re-installing it.

I might feel a *little* less confident about doing this so easily if I had airbags, but my cars don't.
My car does have airbags or air bag as far as I know lol. I wish I knew how to do it myself because I really was looking up how to do alignments and I couldn't find any instructions that would help with MK3s they were all on SUVs and newer cars.

I would go back to Firestone and tell them to keep the wheel straight and fix it but they take quite awhile to do it and I don't really have an hour to spend there also it's been awhile since I last went so I am out of warranty and they will probably hide behind that. I just want to find a better shop and chalk it up to do better research next time.