What did you do to your supra today? Pics

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
sprigmo1;1971075 said:
I put a Random Technology high flow cat on my Supra... check their website

How was the install on that? I am really interested in their product. (Cygnus website liked it!)

Also did you get the metal or ceramic matrix version?

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Second visit to my friend with a powder-coating setup.

A couple of pipes, and the water outlet.

The pipes installed. The intake manifold, HKS BOV pipe, ISC and PCV pipes were done previously, this is just the 3000 pipe and the other intake pipe for today.

Also done today is another upper intake manifold, since there was an accident with the metallic clearcoat the last time, you can see where it's too thick on the intake manifold in the second picture. The new one looks much nicer.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Dan_Gyoba;1971205 said:
Second visit to my friend with a powder-coating setup.

A couple of pipes, and the water outlet.

The pipes installed. The intake manifold, HKS BOV pipe, ISC and PCV pipes were done previously, this is just the 3000 pipe and the other intake pipe for today.

Also done today is another upper intake manifold, since there was an accident with the metallic clearcoat the last time, you can see where it's too thick on the intake manifold in the second picture. The new one looks much nicer.

Honestly thought that was a picture of my engine bay at first glance lol. With the exception of the blue its almost the same haha

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Prism11

sprigmo1;1971075 said:
I put a Random Technology high flow cat on my Supra... check their website

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I wouldn't be too quick about using one of these. I have melted two myself and know plenty of others who have as well. Lasted all but 2k miles.

Look into getting an HJS motorsports cat, used in all types of high performance racing. Sure they are much more $$, but will last much longer and keep you emissions legal no matter what power you throw at them.

Specifically PN: 9095 0050 since most are running 3" exhaust and ~400whp or more that are looking into aftermarket cats.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Backlash2032;1971271 said:
Honestly thought that was a picture of my engine bay at first glance lol. With the exception of the blue its almost the same haha

Well, there's not that much aside from the blue stuff that's too far from stock in the pics. Well...

Koyo "race" radiator, 4" inlet turbocharger, Lexus AFM, PS reservoir relocated to stock filter housing, HKS SSQV with recirc, modified 3000 pipe, Aeromotive AFPR, and a lot of eBay blue silicone hoses.

The powder coat is pretty cool, looks nice, and hopefully easier to keep clean.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I have the driftmotion one but I'm planning on modifying the upper pipe so it fits better and locates the BOV further downstream.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I have the "new" DM 7m intercooler. It is a CX UNIT.

Tossed the upper pipe in the trash for being very poorly designed, used a hks 3000 pipe replacement with a custom pipe to the fender. Other than that it seems fine

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Finally have the new subframe together, hopefully she'll be going after this, iridium 8's, and a boost leak check

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382608958343.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382608958343.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 30

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Saved my supra as it popped an oil line from motor to oil cooler. The metal like fell to the ground and as i was driving to work it flatten it self so now the 1/2" hose won't fit right thus oil shoots out as soon as i fire her up. If i can't find the stock metal lines i'm going to run soft line all the way to the oil cooler. Where would i be able to find lines atm as I daily drive my car. Do these hoses have specific pressure and temp rating that I need to have or I just need decent 1/2" hoses for the time being.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i replaced my oil cooler lines with 3/8 transmission cooler lines. just use new clamps. i tried to re-use the spring clamp, and i had a slight leak.