What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
ahahha I love you guys good thing is when my car breaks down you'll be there to help me bring her back again :D
and I mean you Suprapowa SPECIFICALLY!!
F8pLu.gif

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Well, uhh... I'm booked for the rest of the year.

Seriously, if you really don't think she'll hold together for a couple of runs down he strip then don't do it. We can't all have the reliability of a 3.1 Oldsmobile.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i drove my supra with a rod knock and oil leaks for almost 3 years before it got really noisy. i beat the piss out of it every time i drove it. lol. i finally threw another motor in it last week.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Supra has been on jackstands since late July. I am about to go back out and prime the turbo and then start it up.

Checked everything twice and I feel confident I will be driving soon!

Update: Lots of white smoke from the exhaust, which is new... Oil leaking from somewhere... Couldn't make the timing light work to check that. All in all not a great result.

Last edited:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Suprapowaz!(2);1970730 said:
Well, uhh... I'm booked for the rest of the year.

Seriously, if you really don't think she'll hold together for a couple of runs down he strip then don't do it. We can't all have the reliability of a 3.1 Oldsmobile.
I think she can do runs it's just I wonder what would break on me but my motor is a soldier, so I'm not worried about that it's just the stuff involving the turbo since I'd do 2 runs at 14psi on my stock ct26. I think will handle though

AnubisMK3

Jul 31, 2012
Milwaukee
Doat;1969623 said:
They do look nice but the slits are there to help the pads from warping or when they warp the slots adjust that. Don't really want to be shaving my brakes on the street lol.

So I got in my MK3 it was raining earlier this morning and found out my targa is slightly leaking I spotted some drops of water hanging from the driver rear bolt housing and a drop hanging from the passenger front corner. I hate targa leaks!!! Any suggestions on fixing this? I followed a guide that involves removing the seals and putting silicone on the targa then put the seals back on and that seemed to fix my leak but now this is a new beast. I am thinking of just buying new seals that go onto the frame of the body the ones on the front and back of the targa but they are expensive.

Slots are fine, no worries about shaving pads as long as the pressure is even. It won't reduce the life of the pads by much if your using ceramics or semi-mettalic.

AnubisMK3

Jul 31, 2012
Milwaukee
Doat;1970207 said:
but if I get a test pipe then I won't have a cat and wouldn't that cause me to fail emissions? I have a 91 so I can't register it as a classic car yet here in Texas car has to be 25 years old then I get rid of the emissions stuff and spit flames all I want lol.

You can get one of the newer high flow universal cats, non restrictive and they are made for v8 applications so it'll do just fine as far as emissions goes

AnubisMK3

Jul 31, 2012
Milwaukee
bluebullet89;1970381 said:
cause its only gonna be 400-450 for one more year. then 600+ Slow but steady build. each year i'll put anywhere from $1500-$3000 into it. I'll have all the supporting mods to get her to 600+ by this fall/winter and just be lacking the big single, then next year i'm swapping to a single PT 6262 BB.

Just make sure you stay at a min of 40% duty cycle and a max of 70% you should be able to do that easily with 1000cc

AnubisMK3

Jul 31, 2012
Milwaukee
jdmfreak;1970583 said:
Meh "wouldn't let you" bro your driving :p I am at the point where my wife expects me to stop and take pics :p yeah she rolls her eyes but has come to terms with the fact my mechanical girl needs some attention also ;-)

Great thing about having a supra, it also has PMS but doesn't bleed from it's oil pan 7 days a month :p

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
AnubisMK3;1970978 said:
Shit man, i been looking everywhere for my slinky, thanks for finding it for me :p

20 bucks at Oreillys :p Autozone doesn't have them. Also got a little cone air filter for whatever vacuum line is on the block on that side

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
when running a cat I picked up a used one off here for $40 or $60 bucks shipped supposed to be a high flow allows me to pass emissions

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
atmperformance;1971007 said:
they make direct fit cats for around $200 they even have high flow ones. I've thought about getting one for my 3" exhaust

BrandonW;1971015 said:
when running a cat I picked up a used one off here for $40 or $60 bucks shipped supposed to be a high flow allows me to pass emissions
That is my main concern with exhaust at the moment is getting a cat back with a cat that will let me pass emissions to make life easier on me and cheaper instead of paying extra to make it pass lol. Anyone recommend or link me to a cat that would let me pass emissions and fit with my 3in DDP and Tanabe 3in catback that I plan on buying soon? I don't know anything about cats, except for the felines. I know a guy that can weld if need be.

I am debating on buying a CX Racing hard pipe intercooler kit and having that installed before her track day.