What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Silver MK3;1970549 said:
I do too, but usually I only have my phone and the pictures don't come out very good. That first picture is pretty cool on the wooden bridge.

Thanks. I have a really good camera on my phone. I was driving through this wooded trail and I really wanted to stop at a bunch of spots to take pictures but my girlfriend wouldn't let me. I convinced her to at least let me get a few on the bridge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Meh "wouldn't let you" bro your driving :p I am at the point where my wife expects me to stop and take pics :p yeah she rolls her eyes but has come to terms with the fact my mechanical girl needs some attention also ;-)

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Well she was helping out with a haunted hay ride. Hence the cob webbed bridge and cemetery i was parked by. And we had to bring some stuff to someone in the woods and she didn't wanna waste time. Usually she doesn't mind me taking pics as long as she can stay in the car

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Before:
e4a2ura3.jpg

After:
a9era4at.jpg

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
What? is she running if so then drive her all winter long especially if it's a turbo. My turbo MK3 is loving this highs of 60s and lows of 40s weather.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea a friend of mine is going to Royal Purple Raceway some weekend and he told me he'd be chasing down 10s and he told me to chase down 13s lol. I do want to go but at the same time I don't want to drive an hour out there and end up towing her home with a blown motor or something.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
Doat;1970653 said:
What? is she running if so then drive her all winter long especially if it's a turbo. My turbo MK3 is loving this highs of 60s and lows of 40s weather.

Oh yeah, she runs like a champ. But! Where I live we get 200"+ of snow every winter. I live in the country where they plow my road last, my driveway is 200 yds long and drifts real bad, and it's 25 miles to work. She's good right where she's at. I got a Jeep for this winter crap. Plus I just had the body work fixed and painted because the previous owner drove it all winter (he gets snow, but isn't in the "snow belt"). Granted he only put 10k on it in 8 years, but still....I've put 5k on it in 4 months. Time to let her rest.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
grsupra87;1970671 said:
Oh yeah, she runs like a champ. But! Where I live we get 200"+ of snow every winter. I live in the country where they plow my road last, my driveway is 200 yds long and drifts real bad, and it's 25 miles to work. She's good right where she's at. I got a Jeep for this winter crap. Plus I just had the body work fixed and painted because the previous owner drove it all winter (he gets snow, but isn't in the "snow belt"). Granted he only put 10k on it in 8 years, but still....I've put 5k on it in 4 months. Time to let her rest.

This is probably for the best, it sounds like they probably put a lot of salt down where you are. Whenever I am in Pennsylvania visiting family it always scares me how many new cars even have pretty bad rust from the salt and the lack of washing it off.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
grsupra87;1970671 said:
In that case yea keep her inside they also probably put down salt on the roads right? Not good for cars unless it's protected.

If I end up going to the track I'll be sure to post up my times and videos.

BusterMK3

0-BHG In 77K
Feb 20, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Pulled my intake/y-pipe, some of my harness, cam covers, timing gears, retainers/cams to start tearing my blown 7m apart. Since the block has a hole it's becoming my new garage coffee table.. are the GE cams/gears/head worth much?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
Silver MK3;1970677 said:
This is probably for the best, it sounds like they probably put a lot of salt down where you are. Whenever I am in Pennsylvania visiting family it always scares me how many new cars even have pretty bad rust from the salt and the lack of washing it off.

Oh yeah, tons of salt. And worse, salt water brine too.

The Si was a couple vehicles ago, but you can see the snow in this pic is high , and not just pushed up from my plow...

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Doat;1970658 said:
I do want to go but at the same time I don't want to drive an hour out there and end up towing her home with a blown motor or something.

I drive over an hour out to San Antonio Raceway to drag race. I risk a chance of my car not making it back home under its own power. So what's your "real" excuse? I hear that same excuse from a lot of guys, but they'll beat the shit out of their cars at local car meets. Most car meets are far from their home as well.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Suprapowaz!(2);1970701 said:
I drive over an hour out to San Antonio Raceway to drag race. I risk a chance of my car not making it back home under its own power. So what's your "real" excuse? I hear that same excuse from a lot of guys, but they'll beat the shit out of their cars at local car meets. Most car meets are far from their home as well.
I don't beat on my car the only thing I would do is a fun 2-3rd gear pull every now and then but that's it.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Doat;1970706 said:
I don't beat on my car the only thing I would do is a fun 2-3rd gear pull every now and then but that's it.

If you can't trust your engine to do a couple sub 15 second WOT pulls... You need to either just go and do it, or do some work to your engine.

I've been in one car that I thought if I hit the loud pedal it would blow up. 200k miles on a 3.1 Oldsmobile. The owner (my brother) moved away and gave me the car. Since it was going to the scraper anyway, I decided to have a little fun with it. Guess what! I COULDN'T get it to blow up. This was doing neutral drops from the rev limiter, jumping it, randomly dropping it into first gear at 40 mph (7k rpm anyone?), reverse bombs.. you name it, I did it. I actually ended up cracking the tranny oil pan landing it and couldn't get it to hold oil.. that's what sent it to the scrapper. I was going to blow it up but the damn thing wouldn't start on its final day... It must've seen it coming haha. Keep in mind, this engine had low oil pressure and was "about to blow up"...

Point is, if this shit box Oldsmobile could take THAT much abuse without failing (oil pan wasn't its fault lol), then your supra can do a couple sub 15 second WOT pulls. Just go out and do it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Alright calm your tits the both of yas lol. Hopefully I can replace my CPS to stop the small oil leak before then even if not it's no big deal the oil leak is very small and I'll bring some with me just in case.