What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Good point pops. I just don't see why there aren't any straight bolt on kits for the MK3 especially around now you would think people would be able to get the bends perfect by now lol. Guess the market isn't big enough for it.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Yes... If our cars had been featured in a movie where an undercover cop flips the targa off while jammin down the highway, then I'd say that there would be a big market for sweet-fitting custom parts for our cars. Unfortunately, the red-headed stepchild of the Supra lineage took that role.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
2js are yummy but I like a proper 7m as well.

The DM 7m intercooler is probably the closest one out there to plug and play. It just has certain flaws, but overall it can work. If I had access to a bender I could have made it all work great... Just a few nice tweaks. I'm running it and its nice if you aren't going to go with a FFIM.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
So I went out to check the fitment of the lexus afm and as my suspicion was confirmed, I need a larger turbo inlet accordion hose lol. No I wasn't going to run with it on I just wanted to make sure it all fit in and it does except for the turbo inlet hose. What do you guys use for the lexus afm and CT26 turbo inlet hose? I do want to go with a hard pipe but they are retarded expensive for what they are.

After I installed my downpipe I do love the sound of a 7M it sounds so raw it confuses people every time I start her up and you hear this muscle car like roar and rumble.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
From what I read, you can still use the stock accordian.
You can heat it up (carefully!) in the oven to about 150-200 degrees, then work it onto the afm.

theGOODWIN2012

Supraman
Oct 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
Anyone know any companies that still make the oem spec N/A midpipe? I really dont want to use the pacesetters as Ive heard more bad about them than good. While I could have a shop fab them for me it would just make life easier if there is anyone who still makes them.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Doat;1965023 said:
So I went out to check the fitment of the lexus afm and as my suspicion was confirmed, I need a larger turbo inlet accordion hose lol.
It WILL fit with the stock accordion hose, but you'll need to work with it for a bit. I've done it, and I know others have as well. I'm no longer using the stock hose because I have a turbo with a 4" inlet.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Did a oil change to the new 88... Had rusty water in it (no coolant) flushed and filled.
Figured better do an oil change just to be safe.

No idea what the hell is in this car... Lol.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Seems to be stock CT26, but has a DM intercooler (old version), not sure if stock AFM or injectors. Full throttle is like a bup-bup-bup... Almost like cutting out but not quite.

Gotta pull part numbers and figure out what I have here...

Last edited:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Dan_Gyoba;1965098 said:
It WILL fit with the stock accordion hose, but you'll need to work with it for a bit. I've done it, and I know others have as well. I'm no longer using the stock hose because I have a turbo with a 4" inlet.
I'll give it a try when my injectors come in I just want a better hose anyway.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Grandavi;1965150 said:
Don't have it in front of me but pretty sure my LIPP AFM had an adapter that worked slick.

Anyone know how to get a wheel off when you don't have the keyed lug socket?
Actually the LIPP adapter I have currently on my stock AFM also fits on the Lexus AFM