What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Checked out the pistons I got and they all looked great until I saw this on one of them
1146720_10200482249360944_962505999_n.jpg

Shane

Turbo? No thanks!
May 19, 2013
Oregon
theGOODWIN2012;1957440 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhqh4Mb6n0M Did this yesterday. And found out after I recorded I have smoke at/near WOT that I didnt know about. May be where my oil has been mysteriously disappearing to.
Welcome to the "My 7M smokes...." club :3d_frown:

In other news, my drivers side window motor seems to be stuck. Switch seems to work as I can hear the motor try to move. More fun to be had fixing that!

Last edited:

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Almost didn't get it to start.. I really need to put that new wiring harness in

New plans for the weekend. Put wiring harness in...

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

BusterMK3

0-BHG In 77K
Feb 20, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
theGOODWIN2012;1957556 said:
Damn! What's wrong with it? Or what is good on it. Whichever list is shorter.
The bad-Dented fender. Cracked nose piece. Bumper cover is messed up to all from tapping his moms car on his driveway. 1st gear synchronizer is out. Bald tires on front. Black roof/hood/hatch,burgundy body.
The good- came with 18 in Konig that I don't like the look of but I can sell. Has power windows/locks, NO RUST AT ALL, recent clutch replacement, hg replaced with Mls and replaced gaskets, did the timing and everything you do with that, spare tail light bulbs, spare thermostat, air con works just needs freon, clean interior, leather headliner, pioneer radio, and all the little coin holder ash tray etc. I got an AMAZING deal. Now the 91 is down to finish her swap

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
Got bored while waiting in traffic so made a crappy vid on my camera while driving :p Unfortunately my mic is crap and that damned sun in my face sheesh

I'll get a pretty vid at some point hah

[video=youtube_share;0A4m7Xg4ZZ8]http://youtu.be/0A4m7Xg4ZZ8[/video]

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
suprarx7nut;1957578 said:
Damn, a driving mk3 for $675? You could flip that with a little work and make some $$ i bet.

Shit. I bought a rust free shell, no engine or tranny, needs a little body work for 500 bucks lol

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
moddified a 91-TTR tow hook to fit a MA70 (clearenced for AC lines..)

moddified a pre89 bumper to accept TTR tow hook...(removed 1 grill section)

looks pretty badass, pokes out 1" or so...bright red...

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
#04;1957665 said:
moddified a 91-TTR tow hook to fit a MA70 (clearenced for AC lines..)

moddified a pre89 bumper to accept TTR tow hook...(removed 1 grill section)

looks pretty badass, pokes out 1" or so...bright red...

Pics or it never happened...

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Changed out my combination switch today. The problem with my old one appears to be in the slipring. My cruise control buttons won't work, or work intermittently. I've disassembled the slipring (A very simple device inside, I can't really see how anything could be wrong in there that would cause intermittent function, but I checked it all anyway.) Perhaps there's other problems with the contacts. I'll see about it, and go over the parts to find where the problem is later.

In the meantime, I'm very happy about having a properly functioning cruise control again. The turbo's cruise control seems to be more ... abrupt than the NA one. I wonder if it's a little gung-ho about engaging the vacuum pump, which would cause the throttle to open more suddenly. Or maybe it's just stiff and the cable needs to be lubricated. I'll try putting some graphite in there this weekend.

I've been collecting parts for the stereo system install, which makes me shake my head, since what I really want to do is finish the motor build so that I can swap it in. Or at least put the big turbo, AFM and injectors in the car.