What did you do to your supra today? Pics

zer0faith

Mar 1, 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
20130806_162306.jpg

Just got my order in from driftmotion... walbro 255, fuel filter, valve cover washers, and battery tie down. To bad its raining so this weekend i'll be doing some work!!

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Austin2048;1957271 said:
My friend told me I can go to his house and take any parts I want off his 90 parts Supra. I'm taking full advantage of this offer. Getting his fender, hood, hatch, headlights. I just wish his tail lights weren't all busted. And I wish I wasnt all out of smokes and money!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Envious... I need a 3-piece spoiler... or a Bomex whaletail....

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Drake69;1957295 said:
Envious... I need a 3-piece spoiler... or a Bomex whaletail....

I'm going to try to put his 3 piece spoiler on my 87. He has a wilwood disk brake kit on this 90 that I really really want but don't have time to swap over today. I wonder if he'll help me with it this weekend if he's still in a generous mood.

Is it just me or are the hood and hatch heavier on the 90's than they were on the 87's? I know the 90 hatch has the spoiler but its fucking heavy!

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
^the rear tail-lights would still have the lock mechanism and control box/wiring that could be useful..
sometimes the taillights are missing these pieces...

grabbed/installed new speedo cable, both pieces... I should have done this before the motor went in..
figuring it won't be available in 5-10 years....

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
They look cool cause they're all blacked out. But the driver side plastic is smashed at the bottom. I suppose its easier to find one than 2 though. I swapped over hoods, hatches, and a front fender and a bunch of little shit. I'm going back tomorrow after work to get more stuff. Ill post pictures after I have everything swapped over

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
still driving today. i think the trans build is a complete success at this point. gonna change fluid but i gotta order my redline. anyone that actually knows redline wanna tell me which kind to get. anything better for bashing?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I use Redline MT-90 and have read and been told it's the best, no complaints at all for mine.

My 2JZGTE pistons and rods came in today thanks to Jeremy on the forum, I want to replace the rings and oil rings should I order the NPR GTE ring set from driftmotion or are there better rings?
1148837_10200478367903910_1997606467_n.jpg

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
suprarx7nut;1956994 said:
What did you use for the brake lights and such? I've seen a bunch of options, but I'm weary of using some that are too weak or something.
I did the same as Doat mentioned and bought some towers from SuperBrightLED's. I went with the most I could fit in a circular pattern to get a nice even spread and avoid hotspots. I've had nothing but great results from going to LED's, the brightness generally meets or exceeds that of stock. The only downside being the hyperblink workaround that needs to be done if you go with the full conversion.

Finally got a set of these after searching for what seems like years.

87u8.jpg

Attachments

• 87u8.jpg
    87u8.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 18

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
suprajztwenty;1957385 said:
nice find but a little too "bling" for me. doesnt someone make something like that for the door sill plate?
I'll most likely be coating/painting them in a satin finish. I have a set of the sills in my garage, but one is slightly dinged. The finish is similar but the letters aren't raised like the window guards so doing anything to subdue the shine might remove the Supra logo.:icon_sad:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Aku;1957371 said:
I did the same as Doat mentioned and bought some towers from SuperBrightLED's. I went with the most I could fit in a circular pattern to get a nice even spread and avoid hotspots. I've had nothing but great results from going to LED's, the brightness generally meets or exceeds that of stock. The only downside being the hyperblink workaround that needs to be done if you go with the full conversion.
The hyperblink is an easy work around lol you can get a flasher relay that supports LEDs from an auto parts store like Advance auto parts for a few bucks. It is a bitch to replace though I will tell you that.
JDMMA70;1957370 said:
Goto toyota for the rings. I believe Taiho makes the rings for toyota anyways
The rings will cost more than the pistons from toyota lol. Thanks.