What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Sside;1916224 said:
She does not know how to drive soo I suggested automatic first as an excuse for her to get nowhere near the driver side of my car.... She is cute so I cant be rude------ yet muahahaha...... Then she started asking if I race it and I said no unless it a honda civic with a 4inch exhaust..... Then she started asking about those "meets" and I said oooooh those.... Then she was like I wanna go will you take me... I said, suuuuuuuuuuuuure....Ugh...... Suuuure.... I plan to plant in her a seed of hatred for any honda that is not an s2000 or nsx....... :)
TAKE HER TO THE MEET BRUH then she can meet your meat :D and YES on the NSX that is one of my all time favorite cars

fadadman

Nov 19, 2012
Belize, CA
Sside;1916184 said:
I ripped off the little plastic thingy that goes around the steering wheel.... I was driving and it just fell off..... I said " O my lawd my car is deterioatiin right before my eyes".. I was sad and then I pulled over to take this picture..
p1916363_1.jpg

Beautiful, what kind of suspension setup are you running?

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Thank you for the compliments :)..... Its just H&R springs on 17's with some tires that should have been a little bit taller in the back to cover up more tire well space but it still looks pretty good haha... On my car the front drop was way way too low for my hks downpipe..... The stance is very aggresive but its very very low from the front and I find myself scraping lots..... This drop in my case is the very limit, my friend with an acura rsx said.. "Bro you need more drop" I said... "Bro, NO I DO NOT :/ Just stop......" I have no idea where those really slammed supras are but in Houston good luck on bellaire or richmond...... Horrible streets....

AnubisMK3

Jul 31, 2012
Milwaukee
I talked to my paint guy, he's willing to do my car as a sponsor job. He'll put on my fiberglass trim, 2 pc 89+ wing, 92 nose, bomex skirts and lip, swap out all my markers and fogs with the clear i have, take everything down to metal, straighten a few dents and paint her Spectra Blue Mica Pearl w/ black pearl candy over the top. If i tag my rear window hes gonna provide the vinyl and do the whole thing for 2k. As soon as my suspension is finished shes going to paint. Id rather save the body now than have it spend another winter in wisconsin. Look for the 2jz BAD WOLF build coming in July :p

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
AnubisMK3;1916411 said:
I talked to my paint guy, he's willing to do my car as a sponsor job. He'll put on my fiberglass trim, 2 pc 89+ wing, 92 nose, bomex skirts and lip, swap out all my markers and fogs with the clear i have, take everything down to metal, straighten a few dents and paint her Spectra Blue Mica Pearl w/ black pearl candy over the top. If i tag my rear window hes gonna provide the vinyl and do the whole thing for 2k. As soon as my suspension is finished shes going to paint. Id rather save the body now than have it spend another winter in wisconsin. Look for the 2jz BAD WOLF build coming in July :p

Not sure how it works there, but my insurance warned me that if I went that route, they would cancel my insurance post haste.. lol. Apparently you have to have some kind of "rider" for corporate sponsorship that changes how insurance is done on the car... which I did not want to get into. Not sure how it works though... just pointing out you may want to ask your insurance agent if there are any issues (if your anal as I am... )

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Sside;1916405 said:
Thank you for the compliments :)..... Its just H&R springs on 17's with some tires that should have been a little bit taller in the back to cover up more tire well space but it still looks pretty good haha... On my car the front drop was way way too low for my hks downpipe..... The stance is very aggresive but its very very low from the front and I find myself scraping lots..... This drop in my case is the very limit, my friend with an acura rsx said.. "Bro you need more drop" I said... "Bro, NO I DO NOT :/ Just stop......" I have no idea where those really slammed supras are but in Houston good luck on bellaire or richmond...... Horrible streets....
I was thinking the same thing man one night I was driving to stereo live I think on Richmond with a friend and there are some really big dips big enough to almost make me bottom out the suspension and we were going about 30-40mph. My friend said, "That stock suspension is awesome especially on this shitty road" I don't understand people who slam their cars you can't enjoy it.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
[Video=youtube;DPpjZrP-ros]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPpjZrP-ros&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

[Video=youtube;C7_7FVyaPII]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7_7FVyaPII&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

AnubisMK3

Jul 31, 2012
Milwaukee
It's not a corporate sponsor, I'd simply be putting his decals on the small rear windows of the car. Gladly send anyone his way if he does as good of a job as I have seen him do before.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
was just saying... :)
(and I said the same thing and was told not to... its just a grey area i never considered before when I mentioned to my insurance agent how I was thinking it would be a good idea to get a discount on the work being done by offering a spot on a very unique car... and was told "don't you dare!"... lol.)

Something to look into.. no idea what effect it is on anyone else's insurance.. it could simply be because mine is insured as a collectible/antique. Insurance baffles me.. which is kinda scary.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Well today, set my fpr to about 34 psi. Still running rich though.
And got my car off the jack stands, moved it from here
p1916584_1.jpg

To here
p1916584_2.jpg

p1916584_3.jpg

Couldn't go anywhere else though as I found a problem.

I couldn't go fast.lol
Couldn't even go past 5mph. Any ideas?
Could it be something with the clutch?
I obviously moved it, so it did engage.lol right?
It's a act stage 2 brand new.
This was the first time in 9 months its been moved. From rebuild progress

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Back in my IASCA competition days, I was very picky about decals on my car.

My basic policy was that if nobody was paying me, and paying well, then I didn't need to do any advertising for them. I certainly will not BUY a decal to put on my car. I follow the same policy with the clothing that I wear. If it has a company logo on it, you can bet that I did not pay money for that article of clothing.

While I was competing, I had regular conversations with my insurance agent, and the insuring company, since I wanted to be absolutely sure that they knew EXACTLY what was in my car, what I'd done, and what it was worth. I had also mentioned decals, since I thought that they might want to charge more if there was any external indication of what was in it. My idea then was that if people wanted a decal on my car, they could do so for a price by decal size, per year. My insurance was okay with the idea, and said that it wasn't a problem.

Never did do it though. I had three interested parties, but never worked out a deal with any of them. One wanted an oversize windshield banner, which I wasn't okay with, as it would have come too low in front of me. One wanted to pay in equipment which I didn't want to install, and the last one was a jerk, and I didn't want to advertise for him at any price.

AnubisMK3

Jul 31, 2012
Milwaukee
I don't have a problem donating a 6"x2" spot on either back window for advertising, I wouldnt want insurance to cover any more than
what i payed to have the car painted. Called my insurance guy after work and he said as long as they aren't paying me to race its
just a decal. It will see the dragstrip, however not in competition. I'm building this car for me, because i've loved the MK3 since i blew up my red bad boy. 12 years later and i still can't shake my love for the car, hence the new project now that debt is clear. I wanted a project build i can be proud of. When i pull up, I want people to say "fuck me!, what kind of car is that?" or "Holy crap how does that thing NOT have a bhg?"

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
mcammarn;1916584 said:
p1916693_1.jpg

To here
p1916693_2.jpg

p1916693_3.jpg

Couldn't go anywhere else though as I found a problem.

I couldn't go fast.lol
Couldn't even go past 5mph. Any ideas?
Could it be something with the clutch?
I obviously moved it, so it did engage.lol right?
It's a act stage 2 brand new.
This was the first time in 9 months its been moved. From rebuild progress

Still faster than a civic.... Its all you need man, go enjoy it.....

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
mcammarn;1916584 said:
p1916754_1.jpg

Your garage looks very similar to my own in a way.
I Got a 300zx on the right bay, an SC400 on the left bay, the soup & the Taco sit outside for the moment. :naughty:

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
Found out 3 out of 4 of these bad boys are stripped out. Will be doing the heli-coil thing tomorrow. I'm glad I caught it when I did though. Now hopefully the squeaking will stop!

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361507490066.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361507490066.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 38

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
D.J.T.;1916754 said:
Your garage looks very similar to my own in a way.
I Got a 300zx on the right bay, an SC400 on the left bay, the soup & the Taco sit outside for the moment. :naughty:
There's 2 more 300zx's next to my house as well. One z31 one z32. We are swapping the one in the garage to the other one sitting outside. It's a clean shell outside. The white one in garage was wrecked unfortunately