What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I found this out last week but the flywheel friction insert plate didn't fit on the Fidanza flywheel I got, which really annoyed me because I checked with Horsepowerfreaks.com and Fidanza to make sure the plate would fit my MK3 and it does fit perfectly but the bolt patterns didn't line up. So after talking with Trevor at HPF I sent him pictures of it not lining up along with pictures of the plate that came with the flywheel and Fidanza is sending me the correct one at no charge to HPF or me, so I am not that annoyed anymore.
8474761370_d5687238bb_c.jpg

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Doat;1915401 said:
I found this out last week but the flywheel friction insert plate didn't fit on the Fidanza flywheel I got, which really annoyed me because I checked with Horsepowerfreaks.com and Fidanza to make sure the plate would fit my MK3 and it does fit perfectly but the bolt patterns didn't line up. So after talking with Trevor at HPF I sent him pictures of it not lining up along with pictures of the plate that came with the flywheel and Fidanza is sending me the correct one at no charge to HPF or me, so I am not that annoyed anymore.

Good deal, good customer service makes everything better. I just need an email from aem :mad:

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea it was really nice getting great customer service for a change after dealing with Paypal thinking I spent $4,096 on a pair binoculars in Britain and after weeks of filing claims and calling them up saying I did not make the purchase they still don't believe me. Apparently they don't understand that hackers can use my IP address to cover their tracks and make it look like the purchase was made from my PC when it wasn't.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Doat;1915407 said:
Yea it was really nice getting great customer service for a change after dealing with Paypal thinking I spent $4,096 on a pair binoculars in Britain and after weeks of filing claims and calling them up saying I did not make the purchase they still don't believe me. Apparently they don't understand that hackers can use my IP address to cover their tracks and make it look like the purchase was made from my PC when it wasn't.

Binoculars are better than what I got charged with.. I got a $140 charge from match.com hahaha

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
BoostMonger;1915416 said:
Ya I know, yours was taken care of right? Mine took a couple days to get rejected.

Well my bank cleared it from my account no problems but Paypal won't clear it from my Paypal account and after fighting with them for over a month they still don't remove it from my balance and set it back to $0 where it was before, so I am just going to close my bank account, open up a new one in case they try to debit my bank account again, and just use my other bank account. I am not paying for that $4,096 I told the lady that when she called me last week or so to let me know about my negative balance and asked me how I would like to setup a payment plan I said, I am not paying for it because that was an unauthorized transaction, so she just made a note on my account for refusal to pay and she hung up.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Doat;1915418 said:
Well my bank cleared it from my account no problems but Paypal won't clear it from my Paypal account and after fighting with them for over a month they still don't remove it from my balance and set it back to $0 where it was before, so I am just going to close my bank account, open up a new one in case they try to debit my bank account again, and just use my other bank account. I am not paying for that $4,096 I told the lady that when she called me last week or so to let me know about my negative balance and asked me how I would like to setup a payment plan I said, I am not paying for it because that was an unauthorized transaction, so she just made a note on my account for refusal to pay and she hung up.

That's crummy, PayPal hasn't taken care of me, trying to return some crap cxracing coilovers PayPal was the only people that helped me.

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
clos91T;1915278 said:
source it in Orlando Fl. about 75 miles from me. Shop called JDM tech, there were 2 left this morning!

Well i hope your engine comes out good, i have heard horror stories from them and jdm orlando. I will be looking for a 1jz soon and i wont get it from them. Ill go to IBT better.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Doat;1915401 said:

Funny, because the exact same thing happened to me. I still have the wrong friction plate laying around. It lined-up just like what you have pictured. Any idea what vehicle flywheel it was for?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I bought the flywheel from a member on here and it's for an mk3 it fits perfectly on my 7mgte motor but apparently Fidanza has a few different styles for the flywheel and friction plate, so my guess is you have to be certain on what bolt pattern you need and check with where you buy it from first to be sure your bolt patterns match up. I had to send them pictures of the new friction plate that doesn't line up and pictures of the plate that came with the flywheel.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Installed my reman CPS from Cardone. Came with brand new pickup coils, internals(bearings and internal seal), connector and o ring for about $220. Old unit had plastic around the coils cracking and an internal oil leak, not to mention the bearing was extremely stiff. After taking it out I also found some pretty nasty damage to the driven gear.
p1915647_1.jpg

p1915647_2.jpg

p1915647_3.jpg

bkma71

supra coupe
Jun 7, 2005
troutdale, Oregon
sm_photo_missing.jpg
wrinkle coated my valve covers
sm_photo_missing.jpg
found a deal on a volvo thermostatic cooler plate to do away with all the retarded factory setup
sm_photo_missing.jpg
and its that much closer to going back where it belongs. Gotta get a few more things and prob make another dm order

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
Changed my rear diff fluid to the ford with friction modifier. Fixed my tail light problem, turns out it was the ground...not the bulb...the plastic housing is so crispy that the ground screw wasn't making good contact, so I added in a few washers and boom no more tail light error light.

clos91T

Jun 29, 2008
Ocala, Florida, United States
chris_u_diaz;1915540 said:
Well i hope your engine comes out good, i have heard horror stories from them and jdm orlando. I will be looking for a 1jz soon and i wont get it from them. Ill go to IBT better.

Heard alot bad stories about orlando JDM, hell the price cahnged everytime i called even when they didn't have one in stock. Some bad stories about JDM tech, but quite a few better about JDM tech. I inspected all the 2jz's they had there picked what i thought was the best one. guess ill know for sure when i pull the pan next weekend where is IBT at? even thou its too late now....lol

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Set up the anti-lag kinda....

[Video=youtube;Gvs5FlHCxv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvs5FlHCxv0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

[video=youtube;a9wLlOFeF7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9wLlOFeF7I&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]