What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
With the heat shield in place it ought to be fine.

Also, harder to see from that photo angle, but the BOV is forward of the CHRA, which isn't as much heat as over the CHRA or, god forbid, the hotside turbine.

If the valve melts, it doesn't open, so you are running with no BOV at that point. This is more of a problem (reportedly) with the knock-off HKS clones than with the actual HKS part.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
I had the CX Racing kit.... I had all heat shields on. It did no good. & when the valve melts you'll get compressor surge. & authentic Version 1 HKS BOV is known to withstand heat

Heat wrap won't help especially during summer, it'll heat soak.

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Installed MKIV turbo fuel pump in my 2JZ swap MK3 project. Super easy with cutting a hole in the trunk floor.

p1914278_1.jpg

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;1914095 said:
Where did you get the fumoto valve? I have been interested in getting one but can't find a good place to get one or the size for mk3s

yhatzee89;1914097 said:
That's a pretty sweet oil valve

Here is a link that has the size and the website where I bought mine.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-Your-Oil-Easy-Take-an-Oil-Sample-Take-a-Look

DOUBL3 D;1914101 said:
So clean. I love pre89s

Thanks!

suprarx7nut;1914105 said:
I love my fumoto valve. Clean pre89!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! It was definitely the fastest oil change I have ever done, and I didn't have to worry about the plug sealing up again.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Grandavi;1914104 said:
Today I towed away my Prophetic Licensed 90 Supra for a new headgasket... yep... the license plate pegged it perfectly...

View attachment 64825
Reminds me of my custom plate... that arrived the day after the head gasket went on me. :p

p1914348_1.jpg

As for me, ordered the Tial Q BOV and Tial MV-R wastegate from THMotorsports (hit up Jonathan there, has done quite well by me!), and picked up a US-made 3" v-band clamp from work, Caterpillar part # 8n-0878 and a 3" v-band flange for the downpipe from a local trucking repair place. Coming together boys and girls... :evil2:

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Well after 9 months of the supra sitting, I got it started today! So exciting! I was so scared to start it and even scared if it would even start.lol but any ways, there's this ticking noise I'm getting, a constant tick. Any ideas what it could be. It sounds like something from intake side
Here's of video don't mind me talking.it was out of excite.lol

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
mcammarn;1915113 said:
Well after 9 months of the supra sitting, I got it started today! So exciting! I was so scared to start it and even scared if it would even start.lol but any ways, there's this ticking noise I'm getting, a constant tick. Any ideas what it could be. It sounds like something from intake side
Here's of video don't mind me talking.it was out of excite.lol

Top end is probably dry. Drive it around, it should quiet down.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
I ordered new rotors, pads, and hardware for the front. Went with R1 Concept E-Line slotted rotors, STOPTECH Street Performance pads, and the R1 Concept hardware kit. Did research and found nothing but good stuff about their products. Will be doing DM stainless lines when money comes around

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
DOUBL3 D;1915300 said:
I ordered new rotors, pads, and hardware for the front. Went with R1 Concept E-Line slotted rotors, STOPTECH Street Performance pads, and the R1 Concept hardware kit. Did research and found nothing but good stuff about their products. Will be doing DM stainless lines when money comes around

Dont forget ATE super blue brake fluid :)