What did you do to your supra today? Pics

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i ordered braided brake lines and a power steering line from driftmotion. :)
i also looked at the pile of parts i need to install.
to be honest, i thought about selling the car too. :(

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
suprajim54;1840978 said:
I finished resealing the oil pan after dropping the subframe. Also had to replace the motor mounts that ripped in half, replaced the steering rack bushings, water pump and radiator. It was a
long weekend spent under the car, but well worth it to get the car back on the road.

Lol I did the same thing earlier this spring. It was fun dropping the sun frame huh?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
gsxr141;1842097 said:
to be honest, i thought about selling the car too. :(
...and do what? That is the question I've always presented myself with when the thought of selling a Supra pops into my head. I can't think of anything better to do with my time/energy/money as far as a car is concerned, so I stick with it. Guess it all depends on how [strike]insane you are[/strike] much you love your Supra. :p

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
torqued the suspension... save for the adjutment bolts...

15789552_large.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
jetjock;1843059 said:
Good grief, I can think of a bazillion things that'd be better. Take the car to a yard and watch them crush it. It'll hurt a little but not for long.
Hmm... I meant specifically as a car hobby in this price range. I wouldn't trade my Supras for any other car in this particular segment. I can't think of another 15-20k car I'd honestly rather have. Nothing I've driven, does as much, or is as nice, as a Supra, at least not if we're talking apples and apples.

About the only things I can think of that would be as fun for this kind of money would be a horsepower-injected Miata, or maybe a C5 Corvette. Neither are as nice though, is the thing. :)

White Zombie;1843133 said:
I won Best In Show at my local Supra meet today !
I can see why, looks nice man! :)

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
yep. i saw them on craigslist. the ad said they were in "not good condition". they are just dirty, barely any marks on them.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
monday - disassembled/cleaned steering column -- PITA

because I didn't wrap it well enough during sand blasting

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Finally put a battery tie down bracket on my car. Pain in the ass that was, I seem to recall the stock one using a bolt in the hole that is just behind the headlight, and a J-hook on the back side of the battery. However, my battery tray only has a hole on the FRONT side, and the hole on the radiator support behind the headlight has a piece of stripped out/broken bolt that is probably a permanent fixture in it now.

Had to kind of rig it up, and cut a bit of the rad support out to make room for the universal bracket I ended up using, so that the fuse box would fit where it belongs, etc, etc. All so I can go to the track this weekend. :p

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
replaced my blown front speakers with some aftermarket ones i got from someone on the forums here, what a difference that is after having the bad ones for so long lol

and also shot a little wd40 on the moving parts for the window to try and stop the squeak i have when they go down

Zekiel

Jul 6, 2011
Arizona
Started it, sat n daydreamed in the driver's seat, got out and saw the smoke pouring out of the exhaust. Turned the car off, locked her up and went back inside to my recliner.