What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
My front bumper has a scuff in the corner and a small puncture it's annoying and the nose piece is also dull. I got Raybestos blank rotors I thought about getting Stoptech slotted rotors but not really necessary since I drive it on the street 99% of the time and that 1% is just having some fun on back roads lol.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;2016944 said:
My front bumper has a scuff in the corner and a small puncture it's annoying and the nose piece is also dull. I got Raybestos blank rotors I thought about getting Stoptech slotted rotors but not really necessary since I drive it on the street 99% of the time and that 1% is just having some fun on back roads lol.

I drive the same type of roads. I wish the brembo blank rotors were still available, I feel like those were the best aftermarket replacement for the money. I've got quotes to have my bumpers resprayed and its ridiculous how much body work costs. I'm not sure if it is just because I live in a kinda rich area where everyone drives BMW's and Mercedes, or if it is like this everywhere.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Silver MK3;2016959 said:
I drive the same type of roads. I wish the brembo blank rotors were still available, I feel like those were the best aftermarket replacement for the money. I've got quotes to have my bumpers resprayed and its ridiculous how much body work costs. I'm not sure if it is just because I live in a kinda rich area where everyone drives BMW's and Mercedes, or if it is like this everywhere.
I plan to buy an OEM bumper from Toyota and have it painted I don't feel like dealing with the body work for the front bumper and it's just too much work and in the end it would cost as much or more to fix it than just buy a new bumper. I found an OEM bumper from one of the Toyota OEM parts sites for like $300ish. Mine is especially difficult to fix and paint since it's pearl white and I've been told by a friend who has a collision repair shop that the best way to blend it is to spray the whole side since pearl is difficult to blend properly. I want to just respray the whole car but the paint is not really in bad shape at all a good detail would bring it back to life.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Silver MK3;2016959 said:

I have Brembo blanks in my Mk3. 200.00 a pop though... But they are available.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I wouldn't trust stuff like brakes, turbos, etc. if it's listed on ebay lol the only part I've bought on ebay was the BVSV valve since I broke a nipple on mine and nothing else.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Centric Blanks can be had for fairly cheap as a Brembo replacement. ~$60ea
They also offer a Cyro treated rotor for not much more.

For me its a toss up between Centric and Brembo, they both make an excellent product.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Piratetip;2017011 said:
Centric Blanks can be had for fairly cheap as a Brembo replacement. ~$60ea
They also offer a Cyro treated rotor for not much more.

For me its a toss up between Centric and Brembo, they both make an excellent product.

Yeah, that's what I will probably end up going with. I do like that the non braking surfaces on these rotors are black so they won't rust and get all ugly.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Its a lot more than rust just looking ugly on the hat & vanes.
Over time the rust can cause lots of different drivability & rotor structural integrity issues.
All OEM rotors now use a type of coating or plating on them to keep rust from developing for good reason.
Cheap plain rotors from brick & mortar stores are complete crap imo, I can't believe people still buy them.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Piratetip;2017019 said:
Its a lot more than rust just looking ugly on the hat & vanes.
Over time the rust can cause lots of different drivability & rotor structural integrity issues.
All OEM rotors now use a type of coating or plating on them to keep rust from developing for good reason.
Cheap plain rotors from brick & mortar stores are complete crap imo, I can't believe people still buy them.

Yeah, I definitely don't want to go cheap on brake parts. I like being able to stop...

Grandavi;2017027 said:
RCTS got them for me... I could ask for their supplier if you want.

How long ago did you get your's? I think they have just been discontinued recently because I remember seeing them for sale here in the US too, but never got a set of them and now I can't find them at all.

I will probably just get the Centric blanks like Piratetip suggested. I can get a set of 4 on RockAuto for $210 so that's not bad and they have the black "e-coating" on the non friction surfaces as well.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Silver its going to sound strange but TireRack has better pricing and free shipping on these brake parts.
Beats out Rockauto.
Rockauto used to be my 1 stop shop, but has that has changed lately, mainly due to pricing and shipping costs.

Edit that:
Pricing must have changed since I last looked.
Rockauto shipped cost: 237
Tirerack shipped cost: 246

Use a rockauto discount code & it comes down a bit.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Piratetip;2017117 said:
Silver its going to sound strange but TireRack has better pricing and free shipping on these brake parts.
Beats out Rockauto.
Rockauto used to be my 1 stop shop, but has that has changed lately, mainly due to pricing and shipping costs.

Edit that:
Pricing must have changed since I last looked.
Rockauto shipped cost: 237
Tirerack shipped cost: 246

Use a rockauto discount code & it comes down a bit.

I always forget that tire-rack sells rake parts too. Are the Cryo treated rotors actually worth the extra $100 for the full set?

Atlas

You call this a sandwich?
Aug 22, 2012
Clovis CA
Another vote for Centric. I use their cryo treated slotted rotors with stoptech pads. Very consistent, good pedal feel, but some vibration under hard breaking. Less bite than EBC yellows with the same rotors, about the same amount of dust... Rockauto has an ebay store where you can sometimes pick up their stock for a bit less. Carpartkings I think is one of their seller names. Just get the part# and paste into the ebay search box. As long as you know what your looking for, you can sometimes find a good deal.

Finally got this back today from Marlin Crawler. Will probably outlast the car.
14788102324_35c95a95fc.jpg