What clutch is this? R-154

deazndude

Aug 29, 2011
Orlando
Hey guys, My clutch was stuck so I finally got my tranny down and turns out a clip on my clutch broke. So I was wondering what clutch this is, it says Aisin on the clutch but I read somewhere that aftermarket clutches still use the Aisin plate. I was told it was a stage 2 clutch. And also can I repair this clutch? or am I better off buying a new clutch kit. I'm running a 2j swapped mk3 with BPU mods so about 380 hp.

gKRyrOF.jpg

GhHiduJ.jpg

5Tej64F.jpg

Fx4MMVJ.jpg

7btBhrI.jpg

AyaQkfb.jpg

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
I really doubt it, it look well overheated. When it gets hot like that it actually changes the properties of the metal and that disc is just terrible.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
I think that looks like a southbend clutch, they like to use the two different friction materials. Something like SBC Part # K16063-HD-O.

deazndude

Aug 29, 2011
Orlando
lRYKErX.jpg

v6qC1rN.jpg

yQRXcL1.jpg

I bought the ACT 6 puck Heavy Duty. Do you think i need a resurface for the flywheel? And also I was reading around on ACT clutches, some people were saying because of the 32% or something increase in clamp force, I may crankwalk my car or destroy my R-154 because the R-154 can't take the increased pressure and weight.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
That flywheel looks pretty bad too. You can try to re-surface it but I think you might just need to replace it. Too many heat spotsm Does it have cracks? As for the increased clamp force, I don't really think we have problems with that at all with these cars.

Jtsan

Jul 10, 2011
Brockton MA
Yeah I'm with ofnarcr4. That flywheel doesn't look good either. You're probably better off with a new flywheel. Without knowing the history of the car it's just a little added insurance. Why do the job twice?

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Jtsan;1916630 said:
Yeah I'm with ofnarcr4. That flywheel doesn't look good either. You're probably better off with a new flywheel. Without knowing the history of the car it's just a little added insurance. Why do the job twice?

you don't. I know i don't and i'm in the middle of a pull the trans because the flywheel bolts came loose job and god how i hate pulling a trans on a cold floor with jackstands. If only i would have torqued them correctly:/ Live and learn i suppose.