What Can I Do?

stock 87 turbo

whats broke now?
Sep 3, 2005
marshall,wis
i bought a new oil pump for my motor off of sm,paid the guy using paypal.he emailed me on 10/18 that he recieved payment and would ship it out the next day.well,its 11/4 and i have emailed him several times with no reply and even posted back on his fs thread.my motor is back from the shop and i have everything but that damn oil pump.i thought that supra owners kinda stick together and are like family.is this guy the bad seed of the family or what? has anybody else had this happen?

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
You have 30 days to report it through paypal or else it is a lost cause. So if you really think he is screwing you file a complaint with paypal that is the point of using it so you are protected against jerks like this.

Seth

stock 87 turbo

whats broke now?
Sep 3, 2005
marshall,wis
owen is his user name,can you blame me for buying a new in the box oil pump for $135 SHIPPED?instead of $175.i have had pretty good luck with sm people buying parts .but this one has been a problem.some one else bought his pistons-i wounder if he is having the same problem

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Email the guy who bought the pistons, see if it's a widespread problem.

What do you want to do from here? Do you want to wait and hope that you get this pump, so you can save some $$$, or do you want to say to hell with it, get your money back and get one from the dealer so you can move along with your build?

If you want to wait, there are a couple things to worry about - don't let it go past the 45 day mark, that will limit your options - unless you fund your paypal with a credit card, in which case your credit card company will likely allow you to dispute it for 6 months or so.

If you just want your money back, file a dispute now, order your pump from Toyota, and get on with your build.

No matter what you pick, make a thread in the buyer / seller feedback forum so that the rest of the members have something to judge by.

stock 87 turbo

whats broke now?
Sep 3, 2005
marshall,wis
thanks grim, on owens fs post he marked the pistons as being sold later on but not my oil pump.i dont who got his pistons though.he did have other people asking about the oil pump,i wonder if he sold it twice?

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
You should file a complaint with paypal. It probably won't get you anything but it'll at least wake up the guy who sold it to you.

After that (if you used credit card like grim said) if it didn't work just say you never recieved anything to your credit card company and they will take care of it more likely then not.

stock 87 turbo

whats broke now?
Sep 3, 2005
marshall,wis
owen has until 11-16 to reply to paypal otherwise i win the dispute,we will see if he is is going to ship it or return the cash.thanks for the input fellowsupra owners,i have never had this problem before,some were a little slow but i always got the parts.i cant wait to post the pics of the not so stock 87 turbo!

stock 87 turbo

whats broke now?
Sep 3, 2005
marshall,wis
well,guess what.i won my dispute with paypal against donald owen because he never replied but of coarse he doesnt have any money in his paypal account,hell, i dont even have his adress!he should have this info when he signed up for sm,is there any way i can get this info?it isnt in his profile but he says he is in ny. i would appreciate any ideas to deal with this guy(that is legal):1zhelp:

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
PayPal should have a direct link into his bank acct... I dunno if it would be legal for PP to pull money out with out his permission, but I dunno... Im sorry you got burned dude... Shit like this pisses me off! Good luck! And NO, not all of us are like that... So, dont loose faith in the rest of us...

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Yeah...same happened to me...some guy from here ripped me. I paypaled him for the regulus tail light covers and of course i filed a complaint with paypal and won but he had no funds in his account.

I think his name read Philip Thao....

Cheers,
Roy