What can I do in terms of using 7mgte electronics on a 2JZ GE?

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Poodles;1896293 said:
Nope, he's using GTE electronics (read the first post) ;)

RazoE;1888713 said:
Na electronics on an NA 2JZ-GE can be done, here's my 92:

It was actually harder than going 2JZ-GE on 7MGTE electronics. Only thing you'd have to worry about is pulling fuel, as the 440's off the 7MGTE would be too much for a 2JZ-GE without a turbo.

I was referring to RazoE. He's running N/A electronics (Hence the distributor and flapper style AFM) on a N/A 2JZ. And if you ran 440's off of a GTE, you'd be pig rich on stock GE electronics. ;)

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
I do wonder with the volumetric effeciency differences in the motors. The 2jz GE head is best. it will flow more air. That may make a difference in the tune in the 2 ecus 7m GT vs 2jzGT or GE off boost. that may be able to be tuned around with a piggy back and a AFPR.

i will be doing this soon and will know for sure.
BTW the early GS300 lower intake manifold and fuel rail has the same size injectors holes and 7m 440s. just drop in.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Dan_Gyoba;1898960 said:
And as for range... I'm pretty sure that even a bone stock 7M-GTE is able to pull more air than a BPU 2JZ-GE... Well, maybe with a shimmed wastegate or something. :p

Going by the power that both engines make, yep.

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Glendale, Arizona, United States
suprarick;1896015 said:
Ok guys, it seems like there are some misconceptions here in the replies and I want get everything clear for not only myself, but for others that search the topic as well.

It seems as though the 7MGTE electronics, harness, ecu, etc. WILL work fine with a 2JZGE from an early 90's lexus/toyota 2JZGE. I'm not sure if there will be ANY complications because it would be going from a turbo motor to a naturally aspirated motor, but some have said as long as it's a 3.0 inline 6, the computer and electronics should be fine (it will just run like a turbo car with no boost coming on).

Confirmation and/or opinions are very welcome.

suprarick, theres no doubt on this forum if this will work or not, been done numerous times. i was in your seat wondering if how to run a 2jzge of 7mgte electronics, and after reading thru dok33's , hottshennesy's, and misc 2jzge-t threads i got a decent understanding of how to do it. the info is deff there just read the threads you'll learn just as i did.

suprarick

May 3, 2007
Texas
I have an updated important question, will the 7mgte electronics work with the stock 2JZ NA headgasket (higher compression than what the 7m has) without a tune? Just to start up and drive..?